Need Help! Stock Wizard in V25 and V26 not remembering values

Thread: Stock Wizard in V25 and V26 not remembering values

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stock Wizard in V25 and V26 not remembering values

Is there any way to adjust the custom stock size I entered without the stock wizard defaulting to "bounding box" and messing up all the values that I hand entered?
    This does not happen in the same bobcad session. Only if I shut down and come back. For instance; I set my initial stock up with values I want (6" x 8" x 0.75"). Then, If I save my file, close down bobcad, start bobcad back up, open the file, open stock wizard, the 6" x 8" 0.75" values that I entered from the last session will be what ever bobcad thinks is best by its "bounding box" and I have to re-enter all my values and stock origin values again.
    Even if I go into the machine set-up and double arrow back this will happen. Very frustrating. Hope there is a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stock Wizard in V25 and V26 not remembering values

I'm surprised I haven't received an answer with all the super-users that frequent this forum. Is the thread understandable and people just do not know or do I need to reword the question?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't really have any idea why it's doing that for you. My first thought was that maybe a system directory was somehow messed up, but I'd think that if it was a directory permissions issue, it'd prevent you from saving at all. I haven't seen this happen. My defined stock sizes save and stay with the file, no changes after reloading. I do get a change to Bounding Box if I then go back to the stock wizard, but if I'm going there at all, it's to make changes, so I don't see that as an issue. Sorry, I know none of that helps. If I think of something else, I'll bring it up.

Luke

"All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Downloads
    Uploads

ss_again,

I think what you are asking is why the software doesn't use the entered values of the stock definition when you run the stock wizard for the second time.

Stock Wizard in V25 and V26 not remembering values-enter_values-png

So if you open a file where you used enter values and you run the stock wizard for the second time, the software defaults back to the bounding box... And you loose your entered values.

What I would recommend you do is save the part during the machine setup stage, then close the file then open it again. What this will do is save the bounding box wire frame and allow you to use it as a Wire frame boundary for you stock if you need to make changes and want to start where you were last.

This video is on a different topic but covers these steps...

Your other option would be to use the offset values instead of using the enter value. These values will remain.

If you can send me your customer ID number I can put in a feature request under your account.

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al. You understood exactly what I was taking about. Thanks for the work-a-round. I personally think it would be great if it defaulted the user values (if inputed) rather than the bounding box. this site is not allowing me to PM you with my customer ID. It states that you don't allow PM's.
    On a somewhat related note. I discovered something yesterday when customizing my post processor file. I'm using the "Bridgeport_DX-32_VMC_Rev1" post processor from the BobCad website and have modified it slightly. I noticed that when I added the Mill Post Variables "stock_length", "stock_width", and stock_height" to the file, only the width and height were output when posted. For some reason the length will not output to the post file. The other two did just fine. I tried using the "output_stock_definition" variable (setting up lines 108 and 109) and I got the same result. Only the width and height were output.
    Any ideas?