Need Help! LSNAH-Magic file format need help converting

Thread: LSNAH-Magic file format need help converting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LSNAH-Magic file format need help converting

Hello, I have four .cnc files that came with my supermax CNC lathe which suppose to be machine parameters. When I open these files in notepad I get bunch of encoded stuff and LSNAH-Magic in the title. Doing a Google search pointed me to BobCam. Seems that the files were created with BoBCam. I have downloaded trial version but it looks like the NC Editor module is needed to open these files. Can someone open up these files and save them as .TXT file so I could try to make sense out of them.
    Thank you very much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s2j57j6pe2nyls/params.cnc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxof0zsnynv4ggp/master.cnc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak1pzrvn2c15t2l/param1.cnc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns5zhc8d4ducl8i/master1.cnc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xlapglw5hgoxeh/tc2252.cnc

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Sinij kot; 04-23-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

They open in Preditor Editor.The files show the same as opening in notepad.
    The machine parameters,at least with mine,,aren't to be messed with,except maybe a qualified technician.
    If you were a qualified tech,,the numbers you see would probably make since.
    Now there are other parameters on my machine that the user can change,but these are spelled out on screen.You either say yes or no,,or turn on or off.
    My take on this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've read in a different thread that that this kind of format will be produced
    due to the engine BobCAD uses to associate G-Code with a drawing file. Whenever a file is saved as a .cnc file this is what will happen

I'm guessing someone had parameters downloaded from a machine and tried saving them but used .CNC instead of .TXT format. So how do I "decode" the data in the file. I tried all available encodings in the MS Word without much change.

Restoring NC parameters after backup battery going dead is pretty standard procedure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sinij kot View Post
    I've read in a different thread that that this kind of format will be produced .

I'm guessing someone had parameters downloaded from a machine and tried saving them but used .CNC instead of .TXT format. So how do I "decode" the data in the file. I tried all available encodings in the MS Word without much change.

Restoring NC parameters after backup battery going dead is pretty standard procedure.
    That looks like one of the old bobcad version config files. Like V17 or something. The extention is just an extention. You can just change it to txt, but that wont do you any good anyway... It wont change whats inside. I think the extension should be "cfg" Like the other config files. Then you put this in the wbobcad folder where the config files go to read the setup with BobCad.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BurrMan, I think you are correct. I noticed the file path at the end of one of the files:
    C:\WBOBCAD\DEFAULT.CFG

I cheeked around in version 25 and there is no config files. Does it mean that I need to get an old version of BobCad to be able to view the files?
    So this would be a configuration file that I can open within old BobCad and view/edit configuration?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

found this on Bobcad website... scroll down to page 152... matches exactly... answer without really helping?
    http://www.bobcadsupport.com/tech//B...20Contents.pdf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

JEST, thank you, that answers it. Now I just need to get an old version of BobCad somewhere.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Contacted BobCad and they tell me that they don't have any versions below V21 since it is so old. They recommended Predator CNC Editor to open the files which I'm working on installing. Predator CNC Editor is 32bit and won't install on my 64bit machine. I'll try it on another PC later. However jrmach mentioned that the files open same as in the notepad.
    I will probably start another thread asking for help from someone with an old version of BobCad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Contacted BobCad and they tell me that they don't have any versions below V21 since it is so old. They recommended Predator CNC Editor to open the files which I'm working on installing..
    Those config files are "post processors" and probably wont help much in V25? What are you trying to get? The new system will most likely benifit more from starting with a post from there, and getting that configured.

Predator CNC Editor is 32bit and won't install on my 64bit machine. I'll try it on another PC later.
    I run 64 bit and have predator loaded. Whats the issue?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Those config files are "post processors" and probably wont help much in V25? What are you trying to get? The new system will most likely benifit more from starting with a post from there, and getting that configured.

I run 64 bit and have predator loaded. Whats the issue?
    I use Solidworks/SolidCam so the CAD CAM is covered. These files came with the CNC Lathe that I'm working on and they are supposed to be parameter backups.

I got the predator software working now. It required a PC restart but I can't really get any information out of it since it views the files just like notepad.

Downloads
    Uploads

These files came with the CNC Lathe that I'm working on and they are supposed to be parameter backups..
    "BOBCAD" parameter backups. This would be like backing up your Bobcad post processor and BobCad machine files in V25. There's nothing in there for Solidworks or SolidCam.

I could be wrong.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

These parameters are machine parameters (settings) that tool builder inputs into NC control and have nothing to do with BobCad or SolidWorks. I believe BobCad was used to read the parameters from the machine and the files were saved with .CNC format instead of .TXT.