BobCAD?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BobCAD?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BobCAD?

Curious why BobCAD get upset about constructive criticism?

It is not a case of rubbishing BobCAD software, more to the point of finding out information regarding all the wiz bang things you say your doing.

The moment you start asking 'too many questions' you boys come back to the same old, "how great you all are!"

I am more interested in finding out when and in what decade BobCAD will be on par/ if not better than the likes of OneCNC?

This i would like to see!

BPT

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BobCAD?

Originally posted by BPT
    Curious why BobCAD get upset about constructive criticism?

It is not a case of rubbishing BobCAD software, more to the point of finding out information regarding all the wiz bang things you say your doing.

The moment you start asking 'too many questions' you boys come back to the same old, "how great you all are!"

I am more interested in finding out when and in what decade BobCAD will be on par/ if not better than the likes of OneCNC?

This i would like to see!

BPT
    BPT,

The thread was removed because of the poor judgement you used when posting replies.

The offensive posts have been edited/removed and the thread restored and re-opened.

Please refrain from making personal attacks. If you have a valid gripe about software, that's fine; speak your mind but keep it respectful to all parties involved.

We will not tolerate abuse in any form.

Thanks for understanding.

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rekd,

Nothing poor about it...

NEXT!!!

BPT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

(Quote):

I use BobCad Ver. 17 and couldn't be happier with it. It's made me money and didn't cost a lot. My point being: If you like something else then buy it, if you have then why berate BobCad?[

Last edited by Boss302; 08-21-2003 at 02:17 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not about berating. The software hasn't changed in 12 years. I am wondering if it will take another 12 years before any great changes, kind of like where exactly are they are pouring all there huge amounts of money!

BPT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just 'Ban' me!!! You seem to do this kind of thing on a regular basis!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Play nice now, BPT

There's room for all kinds in all fields. If I understand the rumours correctly, version 19 is going to be new in the sense that they have taken control of the development, instead of just translating another program into English, so we'll just have to wait and see what they come out with.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HU,

You legend you... Grow!

- - - - - -

I'll drop you an email, i have some thanks for some scriptage you sent some time back.

Cheers,

BPT

Last edited by BPT; 08-21-2003 at 07:07 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

BPT, I am wondering if you really are not happy with what you have been using for so many years and keep buying the updates, why don't you buy a diffrent software.

I look at this way as much anger and time you have put here on the board could be spent doing allot more thinks.

I know allot of people that use bobcad with good results and don't expect it to be just like UG in power.

But for what they do it works great and as stated by other folks they are making money and a living..

I say for me if any software was such a pain and it was causing so much anger I would see if I could find some thing that change my thought.

Part of my problem right here is I don't need to come here and try and get you to change software.
    But if it does not work For YOU then once in while we have to some thing about it.

Good luck I hope some were down the road you find what makes you happier...

JM2C

Downloads
    Uploads

Well said Cadcam

PEACE

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCAD?-clap-gif  

Default Bobcad by the thousands

To BPT, Rekd, CADCAM and any other doubters.

First of all we all know that you can help a million people and never make the newspaper. But, a few people disagree with you and you are on the frontpage. If the THOUSANDS of people took time out of there day to get on this forum and thank Bobcad for giving them an affordable Cad-Cam software that actually does about 90% of what most other systems do for 90% LESS, well then this thread would be a mile long. Many Bobcad customers have other systems and still use bobcad as well, and I am sure many of you critical guys out there are even CLOSET Bobcad users. I am sure you can see that there is plenty of room for Bobcad. I am also sure over time you will see Bobcad rise up and level the playing field so everyone can have the kind of functionality that cost $5,000 to $15,000 today. Not everyone can afford to buy Mastercam. So be careful where you walk in your glass house you might cut your foot. If it did not work for you well then we are sorry, now move on Quietly.

Your Friends at Bobcad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't used Bobcad in years. When I did use it, it was there with another little peice of software called Cimitron. The only reason I used Bobcad was to try it out. It worked, even then. I thought at first that it was seriously lacking in many departments, but when I found out the price, I was convinced it would succeed, which it seems it has.

Why you labeled me as a 'doubter' I'm not quite sure yet, I'll have to go back thru my posts and see if I can find it. I use Mastercam, and do not expect Bobcad to compete. It's 2 different worlds, apples to oranges etc.

I think my biggest 'doubt' as far as Bobcad goes, is the seemingly lack of support users get until, like you said, it's brought to the 'front page' and gets your attention. Then it is taken care of quickly and everyone's happy.

I still think Bobcad has it's place in the market, and always will provided they keep updating and keep their users in the big picture, (support, etc). I do not think, however, that you will ever be able to provide what the big guns provide without a substantial increase in staff, support and cost for the software. Being a computer programmer, I know what it takes to make good software, and CAM software is not an easy task.

Again, I respect Bobcad and hope that this forum can provide both the users and the creators of Bobcad a medium with which to communicate and openly discuss issues, likes, dislikes, suggestions or what have you.

Bottom line; You can't expect to sell this type of software and expect everyone to be happy if they can't get support for it.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Bobcad by the thousands......I like it!

Man, I turn my back for 5 seconds and miss out on all the action! Here's the deal. Someone asked about BobCAD and something like OneCNC. As a manufacturer, you want to find the right system that meets your requirements. One that you feel comfortable using that allows you to accomplish your goal of part making.

Look, the One CNC product is great. In fact I do know a lot about it. So is MasterCAM and SurfCAM too! These systems prove to handle even the most complex toolpath requirements. BobCAD-CAM fits into the shop by providing functions that are needed every day. It's easy, it's not sold to anyone on the basis that it is more powerful than those systems! However, even BobCAD offers unique functions and features that those programs may not have.

BTP, "In what decade" you ask?? I don't even feel like responding to that but I will. Version 19 looks great but there are still a few things being changed. YOU, need to be patient my friend. It's worth the wait. Now if you feel like you need to continue badgering me, why don't you do it on the phone with me.
    CNC dude

Downloads
    Uploads

CNCdude, I was wondering where you dissapeared to. Glad to see you back.

NEO,

I just looked thru my posts in the Bobcad forum and can't find anything that would give the impression I am a 'doubter'.

I have only tried to keep things on a level playing field and keep people from getting too emotional, and now I'm being 'lableld' by what seems to be a member of the Bobcad staff...

If I missed something, please let me know..

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BobCAD?

Originally posted by BPT

BPT
    Although I personally haven't used BobCAD, I'm sure there are many who would be interested to hear your problems with it. Luckily though, there are many, many other options out there than BobCAD, so you're not stuck with only one choice for CAD/CAM software.

I personally use AutoCAD most of the time 'cuz most of my work is 2D and I'm very proficient with it, plus it's already payed for.

I have played around with SolidWorks, which I like a lot and will likely be my next big software purchase.

Are you having more problems on the CAD side or the CAM side of the software?

My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

Default Great Support at Bobcad

Dear Matt,

Over the years bobcad has taken a black eye for poor support. however, since my envolvement with bobcad we have worked hard to repair that and it is working fine now and people are standing by to help you at 727-489-0003 between 8am and 6pm eastern standard time. We have also added a forum for our customers to help each other out ( over a year ago now).
    Our staff have created a set of 4 training CDs for v18 that offer over 11 hours of training that can teach you almost everthing about Bobcad and you can watch over and over to help speed up learning and are a good reference for times when support is closed. These CDs go out with about every package sold to help people learn faster and train others easier. No one offers the amount of customer support and training Bobcad does.
    I have also added training seminars around the country every week for 3 days to allow you to get training with a professional machinist using bobcad. as a matter of fact we are coming to San Diego soon you should check it out. No support program is perfect, Check microsoft. Anyone needing support or service just call and the Customer service/Support staff will be ready to help you.

Your friends at Bobcad.
    support # 727-489-0003
    sales # 877-262-2231

Downloads
    Uploads

All the moderators have done in here is keep peace.
    I have personally used Bobcad and have always stated
    What a great product it is, FOR THE PRICE.
    You get what you pay for.

[QUOTE]If it did not work for you well then we are sorry, now move on Quietly.

Your Friends at Bobcad.QUOTE]

These guys are here to help. And in no way have attacked
    anyone.
    If anyone wants to move on... well you know the rest.

PEACE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Howdy Rekd!

Ya, I really dig this forum. Good stuff. If you need some hair on your chest, just stop on by! Everyone in this forum is cool. No worries. Ya know, I'll just say that BobCAD Support has improved greatly, even in the last 12 months. This is really good for customer success and it's only getting better. We make a huge effort to service our customers and try to make it better and more effective all the time. Soon we will even offer videos on the web! We won't stop working on this. SERVICE is the watch word. It is very important. There you have it.

Got to run....just received a new update V19 for testing!

CNCdude

Quote: "What is understood, need not be discussed"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Great Support at Bobcad

Originally posted by NEO
    Dear Matt,

Over the years bobcad has taken a black eye for poor support. however, since my envolvement with bobcad we have worked hard to repair that and it is working fine now and people are standing by to help you at 727-489-0003 between 8am and 6pm eastern standard time. We have also added a forum for our customers to help each other out ( over a year ago now).
    Our staff have created a set of 4 training CDs for v18 that offer over 11 hours of training that can teach you almost everthing about Bobcad and you can watch over and over to help speed up learning and are a good reference for times when support is closed. These CDs go out with about every package sold to help people learn faster and train others easier. No one offers the amount of customer support and training Bobcad does.
    I have also added training seminars around the country every week for 3 days to allow you to get training with a professional machinist using bobcad. as a matter of fact we are coming to San Diego soon you should check it out. No support program is perfect, Check microsoft. Anyone needing support or service just call and the Customer service/Support staff will be ready to help you.

Your friends at Bobcad.
    support # 727-489-0003
    sales # 877-262-2231
    To begin with, I clearly stated that the support was seemingly lacking. I said this because of the complaints some of the users have posted here. I think it's great that you're taking the support side seriously now. It's a big step in loyalty and the end result is an end user that doesn't feel like they've been hung out to dry.

No one offers the amount of customer support and training Bobcad does.
    How you can say this and expect people to believe it is beyond me. Did you do a study? Do you have inside information on every other peice of software that has support? I doubt it.

I STILL don't know why you've labled me as a 'doubter' when all I've done is try to help your company AND your users to get along. Please explain yourself, I still seem to be missing something.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Downloads
    Uploads

btw, NEO, If my schedule will permit, I would love to come and see how Bobcad has changed since I saw it last.

Please use the Trade Shows and Events section to post time/date/location info. Mayhaps some others would like to go as well.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast