BobCAD? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BobCAD?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEO or CNCdude, Bobcad in SD..

If you want to give me the data for the trip to SD, I'll post it in the calendar here for everyone to see.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Better now eh...

I probubly should have mentioned that. Mortek's talent is obvious. Hey, have yet to machine a part myself. Well, some small stuff but nothing compared to that type of part. Maybe one day, I'll pick up a machine and learn how to make parts...hobby stuff. It's on the list down the road. Good job Mortek.

Here's one that I did. Any others?

CNC dude

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCAD?-prototyping1-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Hey Rekd

Are you talking about the San Diego Seminar? It's set for the 15th, 16th and 17th of December.

CNC dude

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, CNCdude.

Gimme all the data if you want me to post it to the calendar here.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hey DUNG!

Originally posted by CNCdude
    What was the purpose of your last post? It's like the guy that farts in a flower shop! Just can't handle a good thing when you see it or what? Maybe you should think before you speak or before you write once in a while....
    CNC dude
    Here is your answer:

Originally posted by Mortek
    I appreciate the compliment HFD. I posted the pics to show that Bobcad is capable of doing some great things. Sometimes it takes longer to get there than on some of the more advanced programs. There was a lot of thought that went into programming this part to avoid gougeing. All in all if you are on a limited budget, have time on your side and need to do work like this, Bobcad can do it. [/B]
    CNCDude,
    I do think, and this is what I think: FYI, machining is seldom about "Is this possible?" It is about "What cost is it possible at?"

Sure, lots can be done in Bobcad, but at what cost in time? Mortek's high level of experience is not something you sell with your Bobcad package. It is important that prospective users who might gape at that part and say, "Heck, that is all I'll ever need, why buy better" realize it is going to take one hell of a lot of work to get that result.

Cncdude, why are you bothering with Version 19? Obviously, you think what you have already is "practically good enough" for a lot of shops. So, who will buy your version 19? What exactly is the appeal of version 19 going to be?

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Alright Dung...

Dung, you have a good point but the last part of your post is absolutely rediculous. That's all the attention I'll give it. As far as the first part, yes BobCAD is a highly useful tool on the shop floor. Yes, we do take experience into the picture. This is also why we offer so much training with our systems.

Due to our price structure, a lot of beginners start with BobCAD. They become familiar with the basics and then as they progress they have questions. We assist them. There are jobs BobCAD V18 would have trouble with. This is why there is such a thing as development.

Have a good day.

CNC Dude

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ok, kids...

play nice.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, Dad.

Edit:
    Dad, why don't we have a "popcorn smilie" like other forums? This thread deserves one or two.

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 08-22-2003 at 07:46 PM.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 rekd

PEACE

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNCdude I don't know exactly what your reply to me meant, but I have so far been a user of Bobcad/cam since 1991. While I have neither the talent or ability of the folks here on the Zone I have made thousands of parts all with Bobcad. I was trying to be maybe a bit cynical with the comment I made about "coming here"
    but I assure you I meant no disrespect to the team at Bobcad. BTW which one are you anyway? I know sorin, I have spoken with Jennifer many times and I have spoken with Glen at least once. Was just wondering if I had ever spoken with you.

As far as entering the contest I am on a dialup and would never be able to complete a file upload as large as I have. I can however show you what I am attempting to do and the reason I need to know that 19 is going to work right the first time. I simply don't have the time to do everything I have to do in my business and try to figure out something that's wrong with a program. I will include one pic here and if you want more I'll post two more.

BTW it's turmite not termite

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCAD?-benchstocks-jpg  
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If i am understanding BPT correctly, i am seeing that he has been using BobCAD as also the original AusCAD thus being the framework for todays BobCAD.

To be frank, i kind of agree with BPT. BobCAD really hasn't changed much from the old AusCAD, and AusCAD goes back 10+ years from memory.

BPT has a valid point!

Regards,

Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BPT come back man...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As far as CAD/ CAM software is concerned. In regards to BobCAD, this comes relatively inexpensive. The point being at what cost does this have to the consumer.

If you have to spend hours and hours creating scripts to do the more complex, why not save your pennies a bit longer and buy a package that does the more complex at a single/ or double click etc.

You add up all the hours you spend scripting, calculate this to dollars. I recon it makes sense to purchase more high end. Might take you a bit longer to get there, but once your there, you won't look back.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by eigp
    If i am understanding BPT correctly, i am seeing that he has been using BobCAD as also the original AusCAD thus being the framework for todays BobCAD.

To be frank, i kind of agree with BPT. BobCAD really hasn't changed much from the old AusCAD, and AusCAD goes back 10+ years from memory.

BPT has a valid point!

Regards,

Paul
    Paul,

I'm not arguing BPT's points, I'm arguing his delivery. Personal attacks are not necessary here, and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Compare your last post to the other post and you'll see what I mean. You made your point without bashing anyone.

We're (almost) all adults and should behave as such. If someone has a gripe about something, feel free to speak about it, just do it respectfully. That's all I ask.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe BPT is just sick and tired of people like CNCdude ramming BobCAD's greatness down his throat, i can understand his frustration.

CNCdude offered his help for training, BPT never asked for it.

As far as BPT calling CNCdude CNCboy, i don't think this is a personal attack, that's a little harsh.

Paul

Last edited by eigp; 08-22-2003 at 08:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry eigp, I nuked the threads I told you to look at. It was more than just a name calling, and I'll leave it at that.

Do you work/live/ with BPT? Are you BPT?

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Know BPT via purchasing one of his businesses a few years back.

Just had an email off him, i believe he has given BobCAD the flick.

Oh well, these things happen.

Paul.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default WOW

I have not been into BobCAD all that long and I am also familiar with a lot of the CAD/CAM programs out there. I have found BobCAD one of the easiest programs to start working with. It is simple straight forward and to the point. One can constantly complain about a product, "it doesn't do this", "why does this happen?" and etc.. I find that is not so much the product, alot of the time, as it is the user. One must learn how to make their software work for them. Again, I have not been using BobCAD for long but I know it works. And it does not take as long to do some thing in BobCAD as one might think.

Thank You
    The One, or was it Two

Downloads
    Uploads

I am staying with BobCAD!

I know where they are going with their software and I also know that it will not cost me a lot of money to get A grade software down the track. Sure you can go and spend lots of thousands of dollars if you want it right now, that is up to you, but in reality I do lots of 3-D stuff with BobCad right now, and quickly. I am happy to wait for BobCad's upgrades and low costs. I will be the winner at the end of the day. Keep it up BobCad, don't let the above posts get you down keep focused on the good stuff, only listen to the constructive critics and let those who are obviously using this site as a vent for their arrogant attitudes go, you don't want customers like these any way, either sort them out via a telephone conversation or let another software company put up with them.

I would like to personally say to all of the wingers on this thread to get out of here, go away, happy Bobcad customers don't want you here, we want to use this thread as a tool to better our knowledge in the software we use and don't want to put up with your idiotic comments.

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BPT,
    The software has most certainly changed a lot in 12 years. I don't know where you are coming from on that.
    CNC Dude

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast