Need Help! BCC for part prints

Thread: BCC for part prints

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BCC for part prints

Hello and thanks to all. I did try to do some looking before posting. I was wondering if anyone here is creating part prints in BCC? I am still hoping to get others in the shop using BCC, and I am now playing with the idea of using it to draw part prints. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good luck with that. I've posted on this before, basically the ability to make decent prints is totally missing from BCC (at least thru v23).

The only solution I've found or heard of is to (say working from a solid) copy your model and orient the copies in various projections you want on a new layer(s), extract edges from those, delete/hide the solid bodies, manually dimension what you want to show, copy and paste in some sort of title block that you're prepared previously, scale it, manually add text items where you want them (date, project, etc), and then center it up on the screen, zoomed nicely, and send to printer/PDF appropriately.

ANSI callouts, general dimensioning and tolerancing, any serious tools for putting out prints from Bobcad, no such things. This sort of functionality is also missing from the Bobcad/solidworks "parts and assemblies" package, rendering it useless IMO.

I get it that Bobcad is "hobbyist" software and making blueprints/drawings is considered a "professional/industry" feature, but the lack of those sorts of features is exactly what is driving me to solidworks and away from bobcad for my design work. A significant step up in both complexity and capability...

Best of luck!
    Chuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's what I was told before, but thought I should check. Thanks for your time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i found this:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smzFyV4dOwQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - How to create a print from a solid model BobCAD V23[/nomedia]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't waste much time trying to make part prints from bcc I use Alibre for cad and bcc for cam Alibre is cheap and very easy to use and makes 2D prints from 3D models and you can machine them with bcc you can get Alibre pe for $100.00.