Hey guys, I am tooling up for my conversion of a G0704 which will be on order in the next day or so along with Hoss's plans.
I wanted to post up my parts list and see if you guys had thoughts on other things I should get or know of any good deals going on that I should jump on.
Thanks for your help,
Parts from Grizzly:
Anyone have a discount code for Grizzly? I ordered a catalog but dont think it will be here in time before I order.
1) G0704 mill with stand -- $1200
2) R8 collet set -- $74
3) Parallel set -- $29
4) Clamping kit -- $43
5) R8 collet rack -- $10
1) I have 2 e-stop switches from old projects
2) Also have shielded wiring for stepper motors
3) I will be building up a used computer -- $250 (with mach 3)
4) Thinking of going with the Hoss HD digital package -- $650
Is the more expensive BOB with the charge pump worth the extra $$$$
5) "http://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-Pole-Male-Cable-Conn/dp/B000BDDOOK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_p_2"]Enclosure Motor connectors -- $4 each
6) Limit switches (thinking I would get the same ones as Hoss)
1) I am looking at getting Roton ball screws with nuts from CJA masterworks without the ends machined -- $270
2) I also found these C7 grade ball screws
which ones would be better for the 0704?
Which one would have better clearance for the ball nut on the X stage?
Anywhere else I should look for ball screws? I have read to many horror stories from the ebay ones so I am going to steer clear.
How much are the oversized ball's to reduce backlash?
1) Shaft couplers (thinking I would order them from McMaster but haven't looked around yet)
2) Aluminum Stock for motor mounts (still haven't priced it out)
3) Angular contact bearings for ball screws (still need to search on this one)
1) 4" Glacern -- $250
2) I need a decent starter dial indicator set, any suggestions? (I have a set of digital dial calipers)
3) My work has a full CNC shop and one of the machinist offered me his whole drawer of used endmills, taps, and other tools.... this should get me by for a while
Hey Turbogt (Marq),
If you can turn your own ballscrews as I take it you can, you can get the Roton screws and nuts directly from them
for about $190 per my plans.
5/8 X .200 Right Hand Recirculating Lead Screws & Nuts for Power Transmission - Roton Products, Inc.
The Homeshopcnc C7 screws are akin to the chinese screws from linearmotion many use as well as in my plans.
They'd be a little tougher to machine yourself but not impossible.
This DTI is a pretty decent import.
.030"/0.6mm LARGE .0005"/0.1mm DIAL TEST INDICATOR | eBay
or this set from LMS.
LittleMachineShop.com - Inspection Kit, 6-Piece
Sources for the mechanical items are also in the plans.
http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com