Making X table ends and bearing holders. Wanted to use dual preloaded angular contact bearings.
Since I only have a Mini lathe, My attempts at machining the ends of the ballscrews were rough - it could be done, but at a very slow and index-breaking pace
So I cut them down with an angle grinder, faced the end, and drilled and tapped a hole. Then made a threaded end out of steel and attached it to the end of the ballscrew with red loctite. 24 hours later, i chucked the whole thing in the lathe and machined the ends. Here is a small trick I used to hold the 2 ft lengths securely in the chuck without wobbling