I'm considering the G0705 as a second mill. I need to be talked out of it My reasons to buy a second mill are...
1. Lets me keep the ZX45 disassembled while I work on the conversion. Right now, I have to be careful to not do anything that might leave me without a mill for more than a day or so.
2. Simplifies the ZX45 conversion.
3. I like turning the hand wheels, and still want a manual mill.
OK, I'm looking at the G0705 because...
1. Has greater cross travel than the ZX45.
2. It's cheap, even has a stand included.
3. It has a nice quiet belt drive (max RPM could be better, though)
4. It's in stock.
5. Since it will remain manual, the round column is not as much of an issue. Or is it?
Is there a different mill that might be a better choice? I was actually close to just buying another ZX45, but this seems like a much better deal.