JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

MORE BUILD SMUT!!!!

case is a futaba RC transmitter case, I first put everything into a cheap home depot aluminum case, but I didnt like the finish and I had this one soooo, this is the second and final axis controller
    The reason for the suitcase is It will be running 2 machines and I only want to have to buy steppers once I start the lathe build
    I put in a smoothstepper I purchased from the "bay" but have not tried it out yet, the reason is I have yet to find a surplus computer that I can set the EPP mode in the BIOS, I have purchased 2 surplus HP, and been donated 2 used computers from friends... no luck
    in the BIOS on one of the HP's I thought I was getting close but it only lets me set it to ECP/EPP or bi-directional there is another option but I still cant get the G540 to receive a charge pump signal, did some testing with the charge pump switch off and everything seems to work OK

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-cncproject-012-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-cncproject-014-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-cncproject-015-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-cncproject-016-jpg  

JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-cncproject-019-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen lots of builds on here, but man, you are creative and it looks dang good.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you look like a pc case modder...do any lan machines?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys!
    I dont do much PC stuff at all. I work as an engineer AKA (glorified welder/fabricator with an electrical license) for a large processor of dairy products....not much fun

One bonus today I bought a new miller 211 auto set :rainfro:
    I mainly TIG (mostly stainless and mainly sanitary) so it will be nice to have for the non sanitary fab jobs

Its kind of funny that the company I work for didn't even have a machine shop when I started, within 2 mo. of starting I talked the plant manager into purchasing some equipment for the engineering dept. and he obliged
    picked up a sight unseen BP series 1 on the "bay" and it was beautifully taken care of by a one man shop in none other than Bridgeport, Mass.
    We are the second owners
    next was the 14X40 gear head Jet lathe
    Fischer saw
    and much more
    It has been quite an asset to the dept and the BP paid for itself on the first job!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO

Love the case idea makes for a very different kind of build. Only thing I would of done different on the case would of been to mount all the stuff you have exiting the bottom of the case coming out of one of the sides instead. I would be afraid someone would try and sit it on it's bottom and damage one of the ports.

I love my Miller auto set welder I would be lost without it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the feet on the case keep all ports off the ground if the case is stood up
    the cable for the smoothstepper can easily be slid back in because the G540 will just snap in and out fairly easy, the case is to be hung from a hook on the handle on the side of the enclosure behind the computer but still visible so I can access it fairly easy, I thought about putting it out the side but oh well
    thanks for the comments, I appreciate the feedback, these suggestions will most certainly be applied to future projects

JT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

more pics of some progress

mount for the "ATARI" , a little extra length so I can tuck it away when not needed

and lastly the beverage is just for "scale" purposes but it sure is ice having family and friends that work for the one of the largest aluminum smelter in the NW buddy brought over 4 chunks like this 6061-t6

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4106-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4108-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4109-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4111-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO

Picked up some steel tube on Saturday to build the same bracket for my display and keyboard.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well the mill is almost complete and all I can think about is more projects for the mill!!!

progress is as follows:
    mill is functional but still needs to be trammed
    column brace is in process but cannot be mounted untill new motor mount is installed
    enclosure is started with flood coolant looming close behind with all parts collected and ready
    3ph motor mount is complete now need to figure out the pulley situation
    and buy a VFD
    I will post pics of the enclosure soon but here are some of the motor mount

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4312-1000x750-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4313-1000x750-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4314-1000x750-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4315-1000x750-jpg  

JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4316-1000x750-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

whaat! that is seriously slick!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Teyber, I will have some build pics of the enclosure hopefully tonight
    did you ever figure out your motor issue?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fantastic work. You must be a homebrewer?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well heres some more updates and pics
    most of the mill is complete and I have been working on the enclosure
    Finally purchased mach
    got the VFD set up and installed
    new pulley from SDP/Si for the 1 hp motor
    got the motor running and man what a difference in just the noise factor
    got the drains installed in the catch pan still working on the filters for them
    got the coolant pump and basin done
    little more yet to do but plugging away so heres some pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4352-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4354-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4356-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4357-jpg  

JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4361-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

pics of the enclosure in process
    also made a coolant manifold that mounts around the quill now waiting on nozzles and lines

also am working on a column brace dont know how effective it will be but it sure is heavy and stout

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4358-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4360-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4347-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4350-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice build thus far...that thing looks all business!

http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

An amazingly creative and masterful build JT! Good Job! Can't wait to see some video of operation.

What is purpose of that PVC line attached to column brace?

CR.

http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys its been quite a journey and all of the builds I have seen on here have given me the inspiration for this build
    CR the pvc line is feeding the coolant manifold as well as a wash down hose on the right side of the enclosure

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the column brace is made out of 2x2 thick wall square tube with a .5x6" flat bar strong back the stand-offs are just some .75" pipe with nuts welded into the ends, I have not attached it at the top yet as I have not trammed the mill

the coolant system will be completed this weekend "filters and such"
    I am in love with this new belt drive it is so quiet all the way up to 5800rpm
    and with the new bearings installed the spindle stayed nice and cool while I was doing some testing, ran it for 2 hrs @ 3800rpm, so far so good
    still need to cover up the full frontal nudity on the head of the mill but I have some unique ideas for that

here is some more pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4348-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4362-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4366-jpg   JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4370-jpg  

JTCNCSX3 READY TO GO-img_4367-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice,

Very neat & professional looking work .. especially the way you mounted the VFD ..

I'm not the expert by far, but I think the belt drive is one of the most important mods you can make to these Chinese machines.

I'm also anxious to see some action video!

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

CB23 you are an artist with that welding torch. Respect.

Regards,
    Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast