Chinese ball nuts & screw on Ebay - Page 13

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chinese ball nuts & screw on Ebay

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese ball nuts & screw on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    The ends may be annealed already allowing easier turning to finish them off. Just guessing.
    Even my rolled ball screws will not allow cutting easily until annealed.
    the ends aren't likely annealed. the screw should be soft inside, only hard on the outside.

BUT, it should be noted that while every ball screw seems to look they same, they are all different. the same goes for the nuts. I've opened a few up and they look like they were ground by a beaver. others pristine and polished.

ive also never found the end machining properly concentric, some so bad they were unusable - although the ones ive had did not come from Linearmotion2008. he might do a better job. the mistake seems to be centring the screw in the lathe on the outside diameter which isn't necessarily concentric to the ball track.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've bought both the china screws and continuous rails/bearing, all were hardened. I used an angle grinder on the screws while turning on a lathe to take it down past the hardened "chrome" area and then it cut quite nicely with standard HS lathe tooling. In case you're also needing to cut the screws to length, I dulled a bi metal bandsaw blade quite quickly trying to cut the rails (it barely scratched the surface). The rails themselves are hardened (like the screws) and screw mounted every few inches to an aluminum mounting "track". I used a diamond blade in an angle grinder.
    Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,
    seems that linearmotionbearings2008 isn't selling any more. Has anybody a recommendation for another ebay seller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Have you checked out his eBay store?

Have you checked out his eBay store?

items in linearmotionbearings store on eBay!

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by suckiden View Post
    hi,
    seems that linearmotionbearings2008 isn't selling any more. Has anybody a recommendation for another ebay seller?

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Have you checked out his eBay store?

jep, says "0 results found in all categories"

suckiden

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by suckiden View Post
    jep, says "0 results found in all categories"

suckiden
    If you click on the link jalessi posted it brings you to linearmotionbearings store with 300+ items for sale........ what are you looking for?

you can also contact him via a message and ask for a quote on having the screws machined to your own design.

Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok, this is very interesting. Maybe it's because I am from Austria (Europe) but when I go to his shop is says 0 results. But when I click on his name it says " Items for sale (359) " when I click on 359 which is a link I come to a page where again "Your search returned 0 items." The only way I can watch some items is in a quick preview the page before (just about 10).

However, thank you for your links. I will contact him because I need custom machined ball screws anyway. Do I have to buy a dummy item on ebay then or just email and paypal?

suckiden

btw. how much do I have to expect for the machining

Downloads
    Uploads

Email and PayPal. Ends up cheaper than the listed products on ebay. Machining is cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads

He will send you an invoice for a custom order and you pay via Ebay. Paypal or other if you so desire.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you for the informatoin

Downloads
    Uploads

Think about double nut screws. I don't think Chai has them listed on ebay, but he does them if you request. Significantly lower backlash, don't cost much extra per screw.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly what Pippin said. My standard screws are running between .004-.007 now. The double nutted version is reported under .001. Hoss is getting .0004-.0005, that would be great.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can get the single nuts to be below .001" backlash almost every time with oversize balls. I have done 30 so far and almost all have been that good.

but ball packing is a real pain sometimes so if the little extra cost is OK go double.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Downloads
    Uploads

The cost of balls can be near the cost of a double nut. I don't think you can add a double nut later though, has to be done by manufacturer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    The cost of balls can be near the cost of a double nut. I don't think you can add a double nut later though, has to be done by manufacturer.
    Hog wash. there are two methods I can think of to acomplish that, either a second nut bolted to the same mounting block as the first with some sort of tensioning, most commonly springs; Or to modify one flanged ball nut with a non flanged nut using spring washers a bit of milling and some sort of locking tab.

Now it's probably cheaper and less of a headache to just get one pre-made from the manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads

I meant the "double nut" that they sell which has a ground spacer and requires no special mounting, just mounts by one nut flange. Obviously people have been adding a second nut for years via the mechanisms you stated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    I meant the "double nut" that they sell which has a ground spacer and requires no special mounting, just mounts by one nut flange. Obviously people have been adding a second nut for years via the mechanisms you stated.
    I know what you meant hence my elaboration about both methods. it's not impossible just usually not worth the hassle or added expense of not doing it right the first time.

Downloads
    Uploads

In fact double nuts are now available for RM1605 and 2005 screws as separate items. They are known as DFU1605 and DFU2005.

I'm ordering some and will report back how I go.
    I currently have ~0.1mm (~0.004") backlash on my single nut screws from linearmotionbearings2008.
    I suspect they won't be perfect fitted post hoc, but if the supplied spacer isn't correct I can always swap it out for springs. The double nuts have convenient and compact mounting.

(I'll use the current single nuts to double up on some other screws I have to make them double nutters)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's what I did with my chinese RM1605 screws and nuts:

Before that video I already edited tiny backlash to zero with EdingCNC software. I also changed bigger balls in to reduce backlash, deburred all sharp edges and buffed ball races shiny. Finally put quality grease in. Works great, I've been running with my machine now over 25 hours. Repeat accuracy is about 0.01-0.012mm.

Chinese ball nuts & screw on Ebay-img_0314-jpg

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast