optical limit switches

Thread: optical limit switches

Downloads
    Uploads

Default optical limit switches

how do you install optical limit switches. and how are they triggered .on a three axis mill and also how to make some of them home swithes

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a sealed optical triggered switch. I am in the process of making a set of these for my newly converted x2 mini-mill. each has 2 switches inside 1 acts as a home/limit the other is the far limit.

http://industrialhobbies.com/howto/p...limits_pt1.htm

...He who makes no mistakes makes nothing! ...
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks let me know how it goes .i orderd 9 of them3 for each axis they are narrow post. i guess they are triggered when a object passes between the posts real cheap to 2.10 (ea)thanks for the help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Where did you get the switches from? Not IH right? Thanks, Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,
    I don't know if you were asking me or Woffler, but I am making my own from UHMW, a little smaller than IH as the 2 x 2.5 was a little large for my liking.Here's a pic of one partially finished.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails optical limit switches-photo_120707_001-jpg   optical limit switches-photo_120707_003-jpg  
    Tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Thanks. I guess I meant where can they be bought. I have been looking at different types of switches and trying to decide what to go with. Thanks, Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys i can hardley see the thumb nail of the switch .could you send anouther pic. pariculy of the plunger system thanks it would be greatly appreciated .and have a merry xmas to all

Downloads
    Uploads

The pics at Industrial Hobbies are what I based my switch on, just by analizing the pics I see two optical switches side by side a blade with a set screw for an interupter, there are o-rings in the passage on each side set in a groove to make the plunger water tight, the springs hold it centered when depressed from either side it exposes the light to the receiver which turns off therefore breaking the circuit, one switch for the left plunger and one for the right, only tripping one or the other not both at the same time.That way one is home/0 limit -the other is the other end limit. when homing in mach it looks for the break and then backs off otherwise it will be a limit fault and have to be reset manually. with limit overide set it allows you to back it off with the jog. Hope this helps.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=QVA11134-ND

Tom