emco pc mill 50 & similar - Page 2

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: emco pc mill 50 & similar

Downloads
    Uploads

how are you getting on with the mill swedeson ... everything cool? i have the .pdf manual for the 50, which consists of wincam programing / setting, and general stuff for the 50 any good?...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hutchison:
    That would be awesome!! Received the machine last Wednesday evening, the shipping company managed to markup & dent the right side. Nothing mechanical or broken, just cosmetic damage which Insurance will cover.
    If you could furnish the manual it would help me out.

Downloads
    Uploads

no problem there, if you can send an email add over, i;ll blip it in the mail tommorow ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a PC EMCO MILL 50 and card RS485, original of emco. I do not have the software. Can you help me?...
    I can do to operate my emco
    thanks

my mail is:

alvarolayera@gmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A

Last edited by Alvaro Layera; 11-05-2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: ERROR

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RS485, Emco Pc Mill 50

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emco pc mill 50 & similar-tarjeta4-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm finally getting the chance to jump into using my PC Mill 50 and will need to revert back to my original question about acquiring the software that came with the unit. Again, the computer that came with my cnc is for the Turn version, but the board looks like it will support both. Maybe! Also, mine came with the GE Fanuc Series 0 controller keyboard. Do I still need the computer to run the unit? If so, can some send me a copy of the WinCam software and perhaps the manual? Please! I'm really excited to get started on this and would appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another question I have is that the GE Fanuc Series 0 controller I receive did not come with the power supply. Can someone please forward me the voltage and polarity of that power supply?

Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Photos

To make it easier for you all to understand what I have, I have attached photos of both the dongle board and Fanuc controller. Will that board work?

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emco pc mill 50 & similar-p10100752-jpg   emco pc mill 50 & similar-p10100732-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Power adapter

EMCO sells them for $ 25.00. You can go to any electronics store and get one with variable power adjustments for $14.00 or less. I have the latter and is set for 12V 500 Ma and has the assortment of different plugs.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a box full of power supplies from various old equipment and plan to just use one of those. I do want to make sure that the polarity is standard that the post is positive and the shell is negative. I don't want to blow anything up.

Also, I was reading about the WinNC software. Will that work with my setup? Where can I get a copy for testing? Alternatively, I could use a copy of the original software WinCAM.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

for reference the rs422 board pictured above is for the mill/turn 55 and mill/turn 125, mill/turn155 , it wont work with the mill 50 or turn 50/ turn 125, mill100. the control keyboard power supply # 795 710 from emco @115v --> in, not sure what it puts out to the controller im afraid.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yikes! That's what I was afraid off. So, I have a PC Mill 50 but have a PC Mill 55 computer. Which by the way I got the hard drive working into a new computer and the software is a WinNC32A v13.30.

I should then be able to just connect the Mill directly to the keyboard controller and use that to control it manually correct? Next then is where or who has a dongle for sale?

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since the PC Mill/Turn 55 dongle board I have is useless to me, it is now for sale. I can sell it with the Pentium 3 computer running Win98, WinNC32A and cables. Up to the buyer!

I am also looking for a PC Mill 50 dongle board.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by superfreak View Post
    Yikes! That's what I was afraid off. So, I have a PC Mill 50 but have a PC Mill 55 computer. Which by the way I got the hard drive working into a new computer and the software is a WinNC32A v13.30.

I should then be able to just connect the Mill directly to the keyboard controller and use that to control it manually correct? Next then is where or who has a dongle for sale?

Thanks
    there should be a program called winconfig or emconfig in the same program group on the p.c that has the win-nc installed, you should have this program, you can choose which machine you are controlling (mill50/turn125 etc) if you open up the winconfig program and choose the .ini file data in the window tab select mill50 from the drop down menu. You cannot control the machine 'manually' / without pc so to speak, it all runs through the PC, sure..once installed you can run win-nc as a stand alone control program with the controller connected between the two. The controller has two options to connect up either rs485/rs232 combined or just USB for the modern versions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has everyone solved all of their problems with their EMCO PC-Mill's / PC-Turn's?

I have a PC-Mill55 and a PC-Turn55, both fully functional. I have a lot of CAD/CAM/CNC experience, though I am not quite an expert on these machines.

I might be able to help answer a lot of questions, and be useful for everyone here for us to share information, knowledge, parts, manuals, etc.

Best Regards,

KevinM

Downloads
    Uploads

hello there, lucky to have two nice machines like that with the recent controls, and the turn 55 with inverter drive built in (thumbs up!) havent seen many of the turn 50's either!. The old pc5 and compact 5 cnc had only manual on/off + pulley speed selections.

what do you use to run the mill55 with? i am hunting a fanuc inlay board for the keyboard control, i use a mill50

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PC Mil 50 dilema

Hi All,
    Anyone still active on this thread?
    Here's my situation. I acquired a PC Mil 50 with Fanuc 0 control console, cables, vise, and 4 tool holders, unfortunately, no PC and no software. Right, I'm sure you've all heard this one before...
    So here's the deal, I'd like to find someone who's retro'd their 50 to Mach 3 or something else to get an idea of how hard it is or purchase their software (I purchased an RS-485 board already), OR sell the Mill 50 and accessories (I'll crate it and ship it complete to your door for $900) so I can fund an IH mill. I like the Emco line and would prefer to stay on that course, but I also don't have the patience or time for a three year retrofit project...

Help?!
    Thanks,
    Matt W
    Eastern ID

Downloads
    Uploads

I have only seen Emco tools on eBay listings, but the principles here are pretty straightforward.

Mach is designed to output step/dir signals to the motor drivers. The motor drivers feed the right phase power to make the motors do their thing. So to retrofit any mill to run Mach, it is a matter of finding out the type of drives and motors, and seeing which can be kept or replaced.

The easiest thing would be to replace both the steppers and drivers with modern off-the-shelf parts. Look at what people are using on similar-sized mills like a Taig here for guidelines. The motors may well be a bolt-on replacement.

However, I'd bet you might be able to keep the current motors and just replace the Emco drive with something like a Gecko G540 or Keling drives. This would save you some money. The main trick here would be determining the operating parameters of the motors so that you don't under or over power them. The Emco documentation may have some detail on the motors. The rest can be figured out through simple tests with a multimeter.

I don't know much of anything about the Emco driver but there may also be ways to get inside that and reuse it. From what I can tell it has some more brains than most hobby controls do, since we shift all that to Mach. It may be that it has one stage which plots the movements and turns those into step/dir signals that are fed to the axis drives. Depending on the design you may be able to separate the axis drives and feed them directly from Mach instead. Or it may all be globbed together in such a way that this is difficult. But again the idea here is to think of the system as a series of blocks which are somewhat interchangeable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

Matt,

Did you purchase the card from Emco? How Much? I have a PC turn 50 with "MSD" Disk and Software but did not get the computer. (They scrapped it out) Crap. I have a most of the puzzle pieces but am now in need of the RS 485 card to get things complete.

One Question: In reading thru this post see referance to the control board/keyboard that looks like a fanuc control. Is this needed or can one just run machine thru the PC?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast