M6 START manual tool change trouble

Thread: M6 START manual tool change trouble

Downloads
    Uploads

Default M6 START manual tool change trouble

Ok I have this M6Start Manual tool change macro that I will attach. Background, Motor Home/Soft Limits, Z axis setting Soft Max (0) Soft Min (-9) Slow zone (1.0) Home Off (-.25). I home the machine at start up, move the X,Y, and Z to just a spot on the table. I then type M6T2....ex. for the tool change. The table moves to the Tool change location ask me to insert the tool, I do and then press OK. When I press "OK" the X and Y try to return to the say G54 or 55 so on. The Z however goes up and hits the soft limit and then halts everything, why is the question. The X and Y no problem but the Z sure is.

My tool change location is X 2.5, Y 2.0, Z -1.0. For the life of me I can not figure this out. Any help would be great or ideas.

Thanks,

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M6 START manual tool change trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic42 View Post
    Ok I have this M6Start Manual tool change macro that I will attach. Background, Motor Home/Soft Limits, Z axis setting Soft Max (0) Soft Min (-9) Slow zone (1.0) Home Off (-.25). I home the machine at start up, move the X,Y, and Z to just a spot on the table. I then type M6T2....ex. for the tool change. The table moves to the Tool change location ask me to insert the tool, I do and then press OK. When I press "OK" the X and Y try to return to the say G54 or 55 so on. The Z however goes up and hits the soft limit and then halts everything, why is the question. The X and Y no problem but the Z sure is.

My tool change location is X 2.5, Y 2.0, Z -1.0. For the life of me I can not figure this out. Any help would be great or ideas.

Thanks,
    Ok well try try try until you succeed! Its amazing that just a small line out of place what it will do. Fixed the problem and the code works just like It should.