Benchman 5000 spindle motor

Thread: Benchman 5000 spindle motor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Benchman 5000 spindle motor

I just acquired a benchman 5000 and was trying to get the brushless spindle motor to fire off for simple test. double and triple checked the motor connections (except the three hall effect sensors) and the motor gets very hot very quickly. sooooooo... i was looking to get a replacement motor and i can't find any options that seem to work.
    spec is 1hp with no load rpm of 9000. does anyone have any reasonable options that i should consider. i will call intelitech in the morning and see if they still have parts or can direct me to a supplier for this old 1997 unit.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Benchman 5000 spindle motor

the three hall affect sensors are connected to the speed control i just don't know if they are in the right sequence. (seems to be connected the way they were from the factory)
    maybe i could check them with a scope and make sure they are in sequence.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Benchman 5000 spindle motor

intelitech still has motors. $970. was informed that the speed control and motor wires do not line up 1 to 1.
    motor wire #1 goes to speed control terminal 3, 2-1 and 3-2. very important to have phases in time.
    all other checks ok.
    motor is up and running.