Need Help! X axis spring back on vice squaring ? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: X axis spring back on vice squaring ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X axis spring back on vice squaring ?

Mac............sigh.....I suppose that cuts out machining a large diam raised circle on a job too if it ends up oval.

On the innuendo of the lack of knowledge of fitting bearings....... I've fitted more bearings than you've had hot breakfasts,........so we'll have to agree to disagree and let it rest at that.

Nobody really wants to keep reading about your constant criticism AND PERSONAL REMARKS ....it's boring.....so for the thread's sake let it go....no more to be said.......PERIOD.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    On the innuendo of the lack of knowledge of fitting bearings....... I've fitted more bearings than you've had hot breakfasts,........so we'll have to agree to disagree and let it rest at that..
    That statement could be correct, as I eat heathy and don't have hot breakfasts very often

I doubt that would be possible, even with me not having a hot breakfast, you would not come close, I was contracted by SKF to manufacture special Bearing assemblies for a number of years, how many precision Bearing sets do you have in stock, I should take a photo of my Bearing cabinet, have you ever made a Bearing, I mean a complete Bearing assembly, meaning rough machine, heat treat grind micro polish, make the cage and measure for the correct ball size then assemble, I would love to see the out come, you could only dream, I have been making machine spindles and assembles like this for 30 years, I even built a Hobby spindle for a Zone member, that is here on the Zone, you should check it out, you might learn something

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Nobody really wants to keep reading about your constant criticism AND PERSONAL REMARKS ....it's boring.....so for the thread's sake let it go....no more to be said.......PERIOD.
    Ian.
    You need to practice what you preach, go back through the post, and it was you and only you that started off with the personal remarks, and I will continue as long as you do, you can't post uneducated, non related rubbish, and not expect to get some criticism, if you can't handle it then don't post none related pie in the sky wild uneducated dreams

Study the Bearing assembly Post #58 that was posted by the OP and you will see that it can not be adjusted by the Nut that clamps the Ballscrew and Housing together, not with that Bearing arrangement anyway, now if the Bearings where Back to Back that would be the first part to check

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah Yeah........blah blah....whatever..........nobody's disputing your expertise............I've always been supplied with bearings as the occasion fits......PERIOD. ..........old last word Mac.
    Ian.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345