Build Thread My Cheapo Chineese 3020t mini CNC Build (more like improvements) leanring all the way - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Cheapo Chineese 3020t mini CNC Build (more like improvements) leanring all the way

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My Cheapo Chineese 3020t mini CNC Build (more like improvements) leanring all the

Well bit of an update. I sent the pcd back to planet and they emailed me back the day they received it saying there was a faulty bit of soldering on rhe board which they have rectified and tested. It is now back with me and I have re fitted it. This all took 3 days fir play to them foe sorting it quickly. Anyway I have been stripping the old control box to now house the stuff for the spindle motor

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the old box, I stripped it and sprayed it the same as the new control box as I want to mount the 2 together.

Now I mounted the power supply thing and bolted it now, I spaced it about 5mm up off the deck to help air flow, not sure if it is needed but though as there are vents on the underside it would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I have to find a place to fit the small pcb which has the speed control dial plugged into it

Is it ok to mount this box directly ontop of my new box so it is nice and neat? I think the power will go from one box to another so it would be much neater if the cables were kept internal hence linking the boxes?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My Cheapo Chineese 3020t mini CNC Build (more like improvements) leanring all the

Wow, that's a lot of work for a 3020.....you'll probably outgrow it once you play with it a bit......you didn't actually say what you are going to make with it.

BTW....as you are masochistically inclined and want to "improve" everything on the machine, if you have problems with the stepper drivers or want to go better, go onto the MASSMINDS.ORG website.....James Newton et al.

They have stepper driver kits and break out boards (DIY assembly etc) that are quoted to be a huge improvement on the Chinese stuff......specifically anything related to the TB6600 crap....they produce the kits using the TBH6064AH chip for better power output and reliability etc.

If you Google MASSMINDS.ORG there is a video of the testing of the improved kit form as well as a list of the kits and pricing to date.
    Ian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12