G0704 Saddle Gib issue

Thread: G0704 Saddle Gib issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G0704 Saddle Gib issue

When I insert the gib rail, thin side first from the left of the image to the right. It doesn't seem to tighten up the saddle until the rail is about 50% through. I'm getting wiggle from side to side when the rail is positioned normally.

I can use/adjust the side locking screw for fine adjustment to stop the wiggle, although I don't believe that's the correct use for them.

Any ideas?

image-->: Imgur

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by onuxis; 08-02-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Default Re: G0704 Saddle Gib issue

The locking screws orient X+ side, then insert the gib thin end first from the front. Right now you have the saddle 180 degrees out and you are putting the gib in the wrong direction on the saddle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the reply, I should of worded that better on my end. The gib was inserted from the front by inserting the thin end first. That (above image) is how far the gib travels out the rear until it locks from friction.

Starting to think I have the X and Y gib switched, even though I marked them upon removal. I'm in the process of mounting everything back to verify that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try switching them and test fit. When you order new gibs from grizzly they send you a ~12" piece of gib that you cut to length for your machine. All machines are a bit different and each gib is a bit different.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

via that image, you are either inserting it from the wrong direction, or the saddle is on backwards. By the looks of the casting i think the gib is going in the incorrect direction and the saddle is on correctly. It should go from the front of the mill towards the column, on the right side (your right) way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

odd, I replied earlier but I guess it didn't post.

I had the gib labeled wrong from the start, so I ended up using the wrong one.
    The Y gib is a bit thinner so it allowed it to be inserted way to far. That was extremely obvious when I tried to insert the wrong gib in the X axis(only about 3 inches would go in).

Everything is good to go for now.

Thanks all!