need help

Thread: need help

Default need help

I recently built my 3rd cnc router im running mach 3 with my first usb breakout board everything seem fine except when im running a code and i hit stop on mach 3 the machine and code pause when i hit start again the code runs not the machine . Please any advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need help

Well, for a start, you have not given us the single most important bit of information needed: WHAT USB device?

Second, it is unlikely to be a 'usb breakout board' as the USB devices are usually pulse engines, NOT BoBs.

Third, have you read the manual about this? Is it possible that you have to Reset the USB device?

Cheers
    Roger

It's a C10 breakout board I have set up homing and limit switches probe and E stop all funchion perfectly except stop start only when running a code (is there a G code I need to enter into my codes to allow stop start while running)

Downloads
    Uploads

From C10 description:
    External Enable Pin (EN). The board has a pin that allows you to enable/disable all the outputs at once. The board requires +5vdc in the EN pin. If it is not present, it will send all the outputs to ground. You can use this to enable or disable the system manually, or you can install an external Safety Charge Pump or other external device.

Could this be the problem? You might not be renabling the EN when you hit Start - that is tricky.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

You say C10 board but that is NOT a USB breakout board, it's a bog standard Parallel Port one, so are you simply using USB to provide the 5V supply? From the first message it sounds as if you have the EN wired otherwise it would not work initially. I presume from the limited information restarting Mach3 allows you to move the machine again until you once again hit stop?

Lester Caine - G8HFL
    http://medw.co.uk - Home of electronics for the Model Engineer