12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?

Control box done to fit all 5 Clear Path servo motors. May have to add another power supply but If I have to will be a piece of cake to wire up as I have lots of room after getting rid of my old Power supply.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-cbox-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-clear-path-back-panel-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-control-box-cp-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-cp-inside-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok started putting the mill back together. I have hit a few snags along the way but the bulk of the stuff is done. Will have plex glass sliding doors mounted in 2 weeks and hopefully have most of the mill put back together. Once the mill is Trammed in I will start on making the Tool changer bracket or really the tower that will hold the tool changer. Here are a few pics of the enclosure. The drawer has a bung with a hose attached to the back which runs the coolant back to tank. When time to empty the chips I just open the drawer and scoop them out. The granite is 3" thick. The base of the mill is bolted through the granite and then nutted on the under side. The base of the mill was surface ground so there is zero runout. The base does not rock at all. I am running the Clear Path Servo motors on this machine on all axis. Time will tell how well the machine runs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-enclosure1-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-enclosure2-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-enclosure3-jpg   12 Tool ATC/Clear Path servo motor STEPS?-enclosure4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You should probably put in a home sensor. A Normally open micro switch and also you should put a small capacitor with a resistor in series across the leads. have a bump on the stepper mount on the plate so when it 'home' it'll line up where you want. I run closed loop steppers as well and you really need a home location solution. I use induction sensors, hall effect sensors and micro switch on my home and limit switches. I can use magnetic hall effect sensors, since I don't do ferrous on my cnc 3040 fleabay pice of rotting carp.

Robi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123