I've been making a bunch of parts, and my Bridgeport is considerably louder than my 704, so out of consideration for some close neighbors, I'm going to be using the 704 for some stuff...

And since I'm mostly concerned about just one direction of motion, here's what I did...

Took the igaging kit, and made the holes in the slots at the end of the beam wider and a little longer, and did the same for the bracket with the bends.

Pulled the "lock screws" off the front of the mill, along with the center stop and the screws for the stops at the travel limits of the table.

Screwed the bendy bracket (with the reader/beam attached) using the lower of the two center holes, and one of those screws.

Went to Home Depot, and bought some 25mm 6x1 allen screws, and used those for the ends, with some 0.652 spacers with quarter inch through holes. This took the longest, since I was walking back and forth to the lathe and taking a few thou off at a time, since I didn't want to overly stress things.

It is away from the table about 5/8" in or so, but that's okay. Probably not the most rigid or perfect setup, but it will probably be "in tolerance" for this parts run. I had been planning on making brackets, but have been sort of busy.

If I leave this on, I'm going to pop a couple of holes through the bendy bracket, and drill and tap a couple in the cast iron so I don't have to worry about that going places. For right now, locktite...