Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?

Thread: Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?

Really not sure where to post this question. I'm thinking about selling my beloved Grizzly G8689 CNC and not sure what it should sell for, a few suggestions would be appreciated !

It has CNC fusion ball screws and nuts, flood coolant and enclosure with custom steel base. Electric powered draw bar, liquid cooled motor and liquid cooled bearing coolers.

Keling CNC drivers, spindle and coolant on/off relays, IBM PC, etc. It's completely turn key and ready to produce very accurate parts.

I can post some more pics of the mill and some items I've made on it.

Thoughts please ?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-mill-pics-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?

Add up all the money you spent on it and divide by 2, if you want to sell it quickly.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW, thanks but I'll just keep it before I do that !

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's more info on my machine....

My great CNC Mini Mill. It's in excellent condition with many upgrades and works perfectly, VERY accurate. Details as follows: Grizzly G8689, 2 inch square tubing welded base, custom built steel coolant tray & enclosure, IBM Pentium 4 PC, complete driver box and power supply with 2 cooling fans, monitor and keyboard mounted on articulating mount that folds out of the way. CNCFusion CNC kit. Includes Mach3 control software and full licensed Vectric software. Completely ready to fire up and start making chips !

Drivers are Keling KL-4030 with 36 volt PS.

Many upgrades: Sterling belt drive, tapered roller bearings on spindle, extended Y travel, home switches, spindle & flood control via software, liquid cooled motor and liquid cooled bearings, electric drawbar tool changer, TTS style tool holders for fast tool changes. Heavy steel channel bolted to Z column. And many other details, this is the Cadillac of Mini Mills !

See other youtube video clips...

This shows a few other items made on this machine...

This one shows button holes being milled into an aluminum remote control case...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-emblems-1-jpg   Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-emblems-2-jpg   Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-tts-copy-jpg   Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-tapered-roller-bearings-jpg  

Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-mill-1-jpg   Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-folded-jpg   Fair price for my Grizzly X2 CNC ?-jpg  
    Last edited by SScnc; 04-12-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but the previous poster isn't wrong. If you total up your time and cost I don't doubt you would be near the price of a Tormach, in which case, why would someone bother with your machine? Benchtop machines modified for CNC use are by and large not investments, you shouldn't expect it to appreciate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DubMFG View Post
    Sorry, but the previous poster isn't wrong. If you total up your time and cost I don't doubt you would be near the price of a Tormach, in which case, why would someone bother with your machine? Benchtop machines modified for CNC use are by and large not investments, you shouldn't expect it to appreciate.
    Near the price of a Tormach ? well I guess I'll consider that a compliment but I never dreamed of being anywhere near the cost of a Tormach, what are they, around $8K ?

I certainly don't expect it to appreciate nor do I factor in my time in the value, it was a labor of love really, got a lot of enjoyment out of working on this. What I did expect is at least one single person to say, I think X dollars would be a fair price. You know what I mean, this great forum is full of very knowledgeable guys so some kind of amount based on experience and/or seeing what others have sold for is what I thought I'd hear.

Downloads
    Uploads

About $1500 is the upper end of what i would expect you could get. That is probably too high.