I just finished re-assembling the X axis after milling out a recess for the screw across the whole saddle. Now it seems to be able to handle the full travel of the axis.
I'm just getting started re-assembling and final fitting. Possibly more pictures tomorrow once it's in it's cabinet.
Enclosure done for the most part. Starting to put together my quick change drawbar and still need to plumb coolant. But I didn't want to start plumbing without the drawbar and belt-drive being done first.
I ordered a little something while still waiting for "in-stock" pulleys for the belt drive from BTP to be shipped(emailed last week,which he said would be shipped... still hasn't)
*BTP Update: I emailed again today as a reminder that "this week" was well underway and almost gone. While dealing with the lathe fiasco I posted about below... I received a tracking number.
I decided to go ahead and order a G0602 while I was waiting :/
After seeing someone elses post about using a Lowe's workbench for it, I decided to go for it. Big brown truck is expected today and I've already framed up a small temporary wall & heavy rafter for lifting onto the bench.
The plan is to remove the bench, roll the lathe into position and lift, slide bench under it. Hope that works out. lol
Anyway... shop corner pic, including the temporary "lifting wall"
I used what I mostly had on-hand... ESS, 2x C10, C6. I moved the griz motor boards down below with the rest of the electronics and used the brake to fab some metal covers for some of the noisier boards which aren't attached for the pic.
48v PSU, 12v PSU, 5v PSU. The C6 is powered from a "wall-wart" pictured at the top right.
I still have some wiring changes to make(replacing wire with permanent instead of "white scrap" for testing)
Everything is mounted via stand-offs on removable panels on the back wall of the base cabinet.
Well, isn't that just about my luck...
rough crate arrives, but seems; meh, ok I guess... considering how Grizzly equipment comes packed.
Uncrate to find plenty of oil on the small pallet and foot/case casting cracked and door bent to heck.
Kinda wondering how Grizzly is going to handle this. UPS BOL was noted and pictures taken of the rough state of the pallet and crate. But the carnage wasn't visible until the top of the crate was removed.
UPDATE: The castings are NOT cracked. The gearbox case and rear gearbox cover seem to be separated. a few cap screws were in the channel of the bed near the bolts and one under the plastic. We're trying to figure out a quick disassembly and reassembly to inspect for more damage. right now I'm hoping it's just the bent door.
Things have come so far in both of my builds. The 0602 as well as the 0704... they are deserving of re-plating. Figured I'd share the idea, which I initially got from a facebook posting.
When you come so far and hit a certain point, that cheap-a$$ chinese tool that you bought... barely resembles it's former self.
It has a piece of you inside and most of it's functional parts have been upgraded or replaced each time increasing it's functionality or performance... it is no longer "bought"... it's "built".
Taking a scrap lid from a box and tossing it into the fiber laser to see if I like the layout... I'll do the permanent plates once everything it 100% dialed in and all mods are 100% done.