Newbie G0759 CNC build

Thread: G0759 CNC build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G0759 CNC build

Hi All, I'm new to the forum. As others have stated lurking, reading, trying to fill the brain with more knowledge.
    My question is, can or has anyone used RM-2005 double nut ball screws for X and Y axis, in a G0704 or 759 build? I know the RM-1605 is standard practice, but I haven't been able to find any info that the 20 mm are just too big and can't be made to fit. I'm wanting to do the rear motor mount, for Y axis scenario, with the extension package set up for more travel and to have the motor out of the way. Just was thinking that the 2005's would be more robust, since they get used on the Z due to the weight and less deflection in the shaft.
    Will someone share any clearance issues, please. And line me out!
    Thanks!
    Lanny

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G0759 CNC build

Quote Originally Posted by RedReloader59 View Post
    Hi All, I'm new to the forum. As others have stated lurking, reading, trying to fill the brain with more knowledge.
    My question is, can or has anyone used RM-2005 double nut ball screws for X and Y axis, in a G0704 or 759 build? I know the RM-1605 is standard practice, but I haven't been able to find any info that the 20 mm are just too big and can't be made to fit. I'm wanting to do the rear motor mount, for Y axis scenario, with the extension package set up for more travel and to have the motor out of the way. Just was thinking that the 2005's would be more robust, since they get used on the Z due to the weight and less deflection in the shaft.
    Will someone share any clearance issues, please. And line me out!
    Thanks!
    Lanny
    1605 is plenty on the X and Y axis and it would be very difficult trying to make a 20mm screw fit, you might be able to on the Y, but would require a ton of material removal and machining for clearance that would weaken Already small castings.

I have the rear mounted motor with 3.5" Spacers and don't have any issues with the 16mm screws. I would recommend the double nuts though! And if you are really concerned about it, you could make sure to add a floated support bearing rather than leave it unsupported, need to be real critical on alignment though.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

1605 is also plenty on the z axis. There is absolutely no reason a 20 mm screw is needed on the z axis either. The only thing it does is give the user a good feeling. My G0704 has been running for a long time with a 5/8" ballscrew on the z axis without issue since 2012 ish. There is no harm in using the 20mm screw, it is just more than needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much, Icvette!
    I am a woodworker hobbyist and sometimes overkill isn't the best way to build some things.

Downloads
    Uploads

And thanks 109jb, too! I appreciate the quick replies from both!
    Have a Grand Day in the 'Shop'!