setting up tool setter on seperate input help

Thread: setting up tool setter on seperate input help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default setting up tool setter on seperate input help

hello guys.

the mill has been working great...until for some reason the bob decided to quit... i think what happened was the fan was pulling in mist from the mister setup...and finally it got enough gin there to let the magic smoke out..
    so i got a c62 and finally figure out the new address... but for some reason i kept getting all the imputs on port two as high all the time... im not sure what i did but i finally restarted it enough times that i guess tge pci port figured it out... because all of the port 2 input lights finally went out except for 4 .. and im noot sure why...

so i got the probe setup on port2 pin 15.... and the coolant on port2 pin16
    i have the tool setter and the probe in series on pin15....but i want to set up the toolsetter on its own input can i do that and how would i assign a certain input to the tool setter routine itself i guess is what im asking...

cuz right now even if i remove th etoolsetter....if activate the probe, the box for the toolsetter lights up like they are linked tpgether

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: setting up tool setter on seperate input help

In my experience generally the tool setter and the probes are opposite in relation to switch/active status. One is NO and the other is NC and cant share the same input pin.
    Do you still have a pin or port assigned for the tool setter? That is the only thing I could think of that would cause the LED to indicate. Could be a corrupted Mach file. Have you backed up a nicely working xml lately? Maybe try a reload of Mach and the xml file. It sucks but sometimes it just gets out of control, it just becomes easier to start over.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    In my experience generally the tool setter and the probes are opposite in relation to switch/active status. One is NO and the other is NC and cant share the same input pin.
    Do you still have a pin or port assigned for the tool setter? That is the only thing I could think of that would cause the LED to indicate. Could be a corrupted Mach file. Have you backed up a nicely working xml lately? Maybe try a reload of Mach and the xml file. It sucks but sometimes it just gets out of control, it just becomes easier to start over.
    well the tool setter i currently have is a NC type... i have been using the height gauge to measure when the switch is actually tripped and using that measurement...it has worked very well; so far...but i wanted to go to a NO short circuit type tool setter... but im not sure how to assign the tool setter portion of mach 3 to whatever input the new toolsetter is assigned to
    im using msm
    i have the NC toolsetter in series with the NC touch probe and it works fine like that..but i want to have a NO type toolseter
    i have changed it where now i only have my touch probe assigned to port2pin15...the probe works great
    now how would i set up the new NO type on a separate input toolsetter (maybe msm wont let me do that)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i just read over the msm manual and it clearly states that i cannot do what im trying to do with out using the mach timing signal and im not sure how that works so im gonna leave it alone...
    ... im gonna go back to the NC toolsetter, it has worked great so far so why change it... ill move on to adding c3 board and wiring the vfd to the c62 directly

Downloads
    Uploads

I do vaguely remember something in the MSM about getting a relay or some board I could never find that had inputs for a probe and tool setter of different switch status' so you could use only 1 pin.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I do vaguely remember something in the MSM about getting a relay or some board I could never find that had inputs for a probe and tool setter of different switch status' so you could use only 1 pin.
    yes... the only way for me to get them on two separate inputs is to use the timing signal in inputs... i left it the same as it was

Downloads
    Uploads

Understood. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just looked .. on page 133 of the MSM User Manual it shows a small circuit that can be built to use NO & NC devices on a single input.
    I originally built one that worked fine, but when I had to change Bob's for other reasons I went with a PMDX 126 because among other advantages .. it also had that feature built in.

I have no idea what became of the little box I built to connect the two signals or I would offer it to you. It was not that hard to built .. and my understanding of electronics is pretty basic.
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have the stuff to make t he circuit,,,but since both my probe and tool setter are NC i didnt make the circuit...i was thinking of going to a NO for the toolsetter for maybe more accuracy but 2 tenths wasnt enough for me to worry about it so i left it the same..
    thank you for the offer... i sincerely appreciate it gary

rick