Help needed to resurrect Prolight M1000 and 3000 turning centre?

Thread: Help needed to resurrect Prolight M1000 and 3000 turning centre?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help needed to resurrect Prolight M1000 and 3000 turning centre?

Hi,I'm not a Newbie but feel like it as i've not been active with CNC work for a number of years. I'm a school teacher and am trying to resurect some Prolight machines. I have two complete machines with old controller cards. I think I can rebuild one to operated on the original old PC running Win 3.11. The other I though I might be able to purchase a new controller card for the PCI bus but Intelitek support has not replied to my emails. Perhaps I will need to ring them from NZ. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

I've been looking around the forum and some people have redesign so they can run from a parallel port but this is also problem-matic as very few PC's now use these ports and I'd prefer not to have to keep chasing technology. Any thought, suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help needed to resurrect Prolight M1000 and 3000 turning centre?

You might want to look into an arduino with GRBL and see if it does what you want. Also if you post some pictures someone may be able to help with the controllers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help needed to resurrect Prolight M1000 and 3000 turning centre?

Thanks TTalma, I've done some work with Arduino before. Don't know any details on how to connect with PC software or do I just create an NC file and transfer to Arduino via SD card. Anyway appreciate your advise and will do some homework and add images as suggested.
    Cheers.