Newbie One shot oiler for BF20 milling machine - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One shot oiler for BF20 milling machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One shot oiler for BF20 milling machine

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Even then what you're asking for is a unrealistic.. As an "engineer" you should know the only way to adequately test would be to start with a machine that has been measured before any use and for best results, have it trued square and parallel with optimal contact mating at sliding surfaces to have a baseline. Then run your tests. ideally you'd want as many machines as other methods/products your making the comparison for. Then subject each to the same loads and run times equally and measure after a set run time has passed and incrementally there after to show an observable difference with data to support. You're asking me to measure my machines to compare against what? You have no data from where it began so it would be useless regardless. I suggest you do your own leg work then come back and show your potential customers why they need your $600 authentic fittings before they wear out their $1100 hobby mill in the next 8 years.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    For "best results" (emphasis added). Exactly. The "best" in that statement implies that it doesn't have to be done the way your saying, but merely that it's preferable to do it that way in order to achieve optimal results.

I recall that I addressed the point you mention in one of my earlier posts, and that I've also previously dealt with with many of the other points that you and others have recently brought up again. I don't understand why people keep bringing up things that have already been addressed and more or less done to death in this thread, or bringing up things that lack any relevance. Let's focus on the topic at hand. The rest is really just noise to what I consider to be an interesting debate on an important topic for people like me who want to make sure that our machines are properly lubricated.

Also, I would do the test myself, however, frankly, I don't want to risk my machine. Additionally, I don't know anybody else who's prepared to risk their machine. There may in fact be someone else out there who's prepared to do the test using their machine, however if there is, they certainly haven't come forward to me.

If I remember correctly, you've been using your machine in the manner you've previously described for some 6 years. So, in the absence of anyone else volunteering to do the test, you're apparently the only option.

Look, I'm not trying to force you to do the test either (how can I?), and I fully understand why you don't want to do it. I just thought that you would be eager to prove your point re. manual lubrication beyond a shadow of a doubt. That's all.

In the absence of the test being performed and getting some "hard data", my view is that all that can be said regarding manual lubrication of a heavily used cnc converted bf20 type machine once every few hours is not a concern from a wear point of view is that it's unproven at best and that caution should be exercised by anyone who's considering using such a lubrication regime on their machine. Perhaps we should just agree to leave it at that. What do you reckon?

Lubrication Engineer - https://www.oneshotoilershop.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear CNCZone Members and Readers,

I recently became aware of this thread and the comments made on it by Chris Davidson who until recently was with One-Shot Oiler Shop.

I have read through the thread in detail, and to say that I'm disappointed with Chris is an understatement.

Whilst the technical information provided in the thread by Chris is quite correct, I most definitely do not agree with what I consider to be the abrasive nature of many of his comments.

I unreservedly apologise to anyone who Chris might have offended.

Sincerely,

Dave
    Customer Service Manager
    One-Shot Oiler Shop

https://www.oneshotoilershop.com - The home of automatic oil lubrication system guides, parts, and tools for machine tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave

Don't sweat it. They are just 1s and 0s after all.
    Frankly, I suspect most of us were more 'amused' than 'offended'.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hi Dave

Don't sweat it. They are just 1s and 0s after all.
    Frankly, I suspect most of us were more 'amused' than 'offended'.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, Roger. I'm still quite upset about it. Only found out today.

BTW, you and at least some of the other readers probably already know this, but I thought that I'd just mention for the benefit of anyone who doesn't that various ones of the oil requirement equations provided in the Bijur document linked to in one of the previous posts on this thread make certain assumptions regarding the speed of travel or speed of rotation, as appropriate, of the bearings that they relate to. These assumptions may or may not be correct for a particular machine, so the equations should be used with caution.

Cheers,
    Dave

https://www.oneshotoilershop.com - The home of automatic oil lubrication system guides, parts, and tools for machine tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello I’m looking to install a one shot Oiler to my g0704. I tried going to the website but it appears to be gone. Can you point me in the right direction! Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123