Feedback requested on CncMasters Max cnc, Novokon Pulsar or Precision Mathews PM-940

Thread: Feedback requested on CncMasters Max cnc, Novokon Pulsar or Precision Mathews PM-940

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Feedback requested on CncMasters Max cnc, Novokon Pulsar or Precision Mathews PM-940

I'm researching different bench type cnc mills.and narrowed it down to 3 models.
    If anybody has any information pro and con about the 3 mills, please comment.
    If you know of similar cnc mills that you would recommend, I would like to hear about them.

My price range is approximate at $8000.

Cncmasters Max mill
    CNC MAX Milling Machine for Sale | CNC Masters

I'm very curious why there are no user videos about this mill.
    This is the only mill out of the 3 which the spindle goes up and down when machining.
    The head is hand cranked to a position above the workpiece and then lock in place.

Novokon Pulsar
    Pulsar (NOVAKON) – Novakon

Precision Mathews PM-940 cnc version
    Precision Matthews PM-932M Bench Milling Machine with Dovetail Column
    This is the link to the NON cnc model. The cnc version is similar to
    Precision Matthews PM-932M Bench Milling Machine with Dovetail Column

Thank you all in advance.

Rod in San Francisco

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Feedback requested on CncMasters Max cnc, Novokon Pulsar or Precision Mathews PM-

A few things would turn me off about the baron masters. First, only the quill is CNC'd, not the whole head. So you are limited to 4.5" of CNC travel. Then when you have to change a tool you are limited on clearance for tool removal and insertion. What happens if you have a drill bit in a chuck and then replace it with a short end mill in a short holder. The limited Z axis travel could become problematic. Since it is dovetail column you could crank the head up and down for tool changes and different tool heights, but why? I faced this problem on a round column mill and it was a pain in the rear. Second, It uses their own software. The software may be fine, but you are stuck with them, and I would rather have a more mainstream program. These would make the Baron Masters a no-go in my opinion.