PM-25mv newer belt drive models - locked at 2500 motor rpm

Thread: PM-25mv newer belt drive models - locked at 2500 motor rpm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PM-25mv newer belt drive models - locked at 2500 motor rpm

Set me straight if this has been discussed at length.

I started a thread a little bit ago trying to research pulley changes for speed increases on the newer PM-25mv mills. I purchased my mill just this past year, maybe beginning of fall so it's a fairly newer model.
    Well after digging and looking at available pulley kits I've come to the realization that unlike the g0704 gear driven units, the recent iterations of the pm25's 1hp brushless motor runs at 2500rpm with pretty much no way to change it.
    From what I understand the g0704 motor runs at 5000rpm, and once you replace the gear drive with a belt drive you get 1 to 1 motor to spindle. Yeah no such luck with the newer PM25 units.

I took a look at the board today hoping to find some POTs for adjustment like many of the other clones have and sadly there doesn't appear to be any obvious points of adjustment.

After that disappointment I gave Matt at PM a call and he confirmed that the boards been simplified and the motor speed limited to 2500. Too many people trying to claim warranty after modifying the mills it sounds like. He didn't say that in so many words but it was alluded to.

Anyone have any experience with this/suggestions? At this point a motor and controller change seem like my only option to get anymore than 2500rpm. I'm currently looking into custom pulleys but I'm not sure that's the best answer over a motor/controller change. I was really hoping to use the the OE motor for a while. KInd of disappointing.