Auto Tool Changer reed switch Home location

Thread: Auto Tool Changer reed switch Home location

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Auto Tool Changer reed switch Home location

I am in the process of building my 12 slot ATC for my G0704. I am using a Reed switch that when the metal cylinder goes over the magnet it makes the connection and activates the input pin on the circuit board telling Mach that the B axis (ATC Carousel is homed).

The question, where should I place this reed switch, close to and inline with the center of one of the tool forks? If so when the machine homes it would home to say slot #1 since the magnet and the reed switch are right inline with slot #1. I know one of you ATC guys has to have the answer.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Auto Tool Changer reed switch Home location

It makes absolutely no difference where the home switch is, as long as the software KNOWS where it is. You can home to any position, you just have to know how to locate all the slots from whatever position that is. I would use something more accurate, repeatable, and reliable, and less bouncy, than a mechanical reed switch. A optical switch, Hall Effect switch, or inductive proximity sensor are all better choices.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Auto Tool Changer reed switch Home location

Ray thanks for the info I get it now. I am going to mount the pickup for the sensor right in the center of one of the tool forks that way when I home, the tool fork that is 90 degrees to the home switch is right there inline with the spindle.

Jeff