Shunt Regulators - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shunt Regulators

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shunt Regulators

I think at this point, I am going to add the shunt regulator just to be on the safe side. I don't see it hindering the performance of the machine, and for $150, it will give me piece of mind. I emailed a few vendors and they have one of the 3 shunts that Leadshine has recommended in the documentation I linked above.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    By the way, what would be the "correct" way to E-stop a machine? Let's say we have a computer, a breakout board, a 48V power supply, 3 drives and 3 steppers.
    If you want a true E-stop then the correct way is a small hard wired control relay that has all the necessary stop functions in series or (N)AND'ed in its coil circuit, it is a combination of the selection of circuits on p6 p7 in this link.
    The items in the string would, of course be, apart from E-stop P.B.'s, any L.S. or the output of the a Mach charge pump etc, a contact on the control relay would switch any main contactor coil or power supply source that controlled motors.
    Everything else stays energized, just any motor driven or any device that can cause injury in the event of a machine failure etc.
    The charge pump also holds off any premature energization of the control relay until the P.C. has booted and the Mach Emergency reset.
    http://static.schneider-electric.us/...0140CT9201.pdf
    The only thing incorrect with the PDF circuits is that now it is a no-no to place the overload on the common or neutral side of the relay coil, if fitted, it should be in the main string.

P.S: A contact on the control relay can also input a E-stop to inform Mach etc, that a external E-stop has taken place.
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 08-10-2016 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added PS
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@janzz99
    Which Shunt regulator did you end up getting?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    @janzz99
    Which Shunt regulator did you end up getting?
    I started some of my research. I ended getting one from advance Motion Controller SRST70.

1. Advance Motion Controller SRST50 $100 + $9.36 shipping
    2. Advance Motion Controller SRST70 $100 + $9.36 shipping
    3. Called Leadshine talked to Chris Li, he said "either of the 2 (listed above) will do. They can be adjusted"
    4. Maxon motor DSR70/30 looks to be $399.98

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12