benchtop precision - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: benchtop precision

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: benchtop precision

Peter, what's your ideal of patients? Scott give his word it would be finished by 7/27. His website showed one month delay. Its been over 3 months. Next time read the post and you would see it was a belt kit, not a column mod. If Scott would have been honest with the time need to build the kit I would have built it myself. Like Scott, I have jobs that need to get done also. It seems your ok with stringing people along, that's good to know. I wouldn't buy anything from you either. You only value your time? Moral of the story = just be honest with people.

Cheers,

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: benchtop precision

Dautry,

I understand you are not happy about your parts being several months late however Scott's products, work,attention to detail and craftsmanship are impeccable.

If you can't wait for the parts why not just ask for a refund.

jalessi

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi....I just love it when someone bleats and sobs that someone else "gave me their word".....that is so pathetic and naieve......in this World, a word is as good as you can make it but not cast in stone, and life does get in the way occasionally.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dautry View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything from you either.
    Well... Sounds like a win-win situation then.

Cheers,

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my BTP Belt drive kit and Linear rail conversion
    pretty happy with everything.

It is defiantly worth the wait.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails benchtop precision-img_1324-jpg   benchtop precision-img_1327-jpg   benchtop precision-img_1325-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got my shipping confirmation.

By the way just a note on the instruction where it says to remove the stock bearing/bearing carrier...

It is by no means easy to remove. It takes severall very hard whack with a heavy hammer to disloge it even though the instruction says it removes "easily". It's probably a relative term, as in it's easier to remove than the stock bearing from the stock bearing carrier (so you can reuse it)

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the new bearings Scott sell it was much easier to do that than mess with the stock bearings.

I'm glad you got shipping confirmation.

Joseph

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know, I bought the bearings too.

You still must remove the stock bearing carrier, and the instruction says to hit it with a hammer from the bottom to dislodge it. I tried to in the past and it takes very hard strikes to dislodge them. I think dislodging the stock bearing from the stock bearing carrier is probably even harder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes the kit comes with a new bearing carrier. the gear drive unit was a pin in the ass to get out it took several wacks with a large hammer.
    you are able to unitize the factory tack if needed.
    mine will be running through Mach. I'm still struggling on what to do for an electronic enclosure.

You will love the kit it is very nice. outstanding fit and finish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got the kit today.

Very good fit and finish and none of the jury rigging that the Home Machine Shop in NZ has (being stuck on one speed sucks and that speed is fast... great for aluminum but not for pre hard 4140 steel)

However the motor started making VERY LOUD humming noise... I called Grizzly and they are sending me a new motor...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails benchtop precision-002-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I try to be as fair as possible with all my customers and try to stay in contact as much as possible to keep them up to date. Granted sometimes it could be a day or two before I get back to people but I DO get back to them. It's very tough carrying the work load I do while having to play all the positions. Aside from my wife helping with some of the accounting side of things, I man every position.

I don't appreciate being called a liar or a crook by any means. I've never had an order that wasn't delivered to the customer. Just to set the record straight, yes there were delays as to be expected which I informed him of. He received his order on Monday the 15th.

At any rate, I appreciate all you guys going to bat for me. I don't get on here as much as I used to, simply because I'm just too busy and I have to sleep sometime

www.benchtopprecision.com
    | BF20/G0704 Belt Drive Kits | X2 Mini-Mill Belt Drive Kits |

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just to be clear, he stated it was over 3 months until he got his order. The order was placed the 6th of June and our website states at the time he purchased that his order would have shipped by July 31st. There were delays due to the high volume of orders during June and I let everyone know what was going on. He received his order the 15th of August, do the math.

www.benchtopprecision.com
    | BF20/G0704 Belt Drive Kits | X2 Mini-Mill Belt Drive Kits |

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you the guys who designed the Power Drawbar for Tormach a few years back?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jdclark View Post
    Are you the guys who designed the Power Drawbar for Tormach a few years back?
    I think that was Ray. (SCzEngrgGroup)

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I think that was Ray. (SCzEngrgGroup)
    That was for Novakon, not Tormach (as far as I know).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in the process of installing the belt drive kit. I am having a hard time removing the gear from the motor shaft in step 5. It states if the fit is tight to utilize a small puller. There is basically no clearance between the gear and motor, so what type of puller would work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, don't do any hitting on the gear to try to remove it.........this will impact on the bearings or internals of the motor.

Usually you can fit a 3 legged puller to the gear outer rim, but this will most likely damage the gear teeth if they are soft.

If there are no holes in the gear face that allow two bolts to be inserted and a flat bar spanning the gear face to act as a simple puller, you could drill two holes through the face of the gear, diametrically opposite one another, and tap them for two screws.

Take a piece of flat steel bar and drill two clearance holes at the same pitch as the two in the gear.....also drill and tap a hole in the centre of the bar for a bolt that pushes against the motor shaft.......that's as simple as it can get and won't do damage to the gear or the motor.

BTW.......if the gear is held on with a grub screw.........you might have a problem if the grub screw has raised a burr on the motor shaft..........pulling the gear off will leave a groove in the bore, caused by the raised burr on the motor shaft.........carefully clean the burr off with a flat file before refitting the new pulley.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JD2016 View Post
    I am in the process of installing the belt drive kit. I am having a hard time removing the gear from the motor shaft in step 5. It states if the fit is tight to utilize a small puller. There is basically no clearance between the gear and motor, so what type of puller would work?
    bearing separator. You can borrow these from auto parts stores that do tool loans. Autozone is one such chain that loans tools.

benchtop precision-cht253l-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi......I think that tool would be the best bet if you can get it, as it gets under the gear without doing damage to the teeth.....you might want to re-use the gear.

The worst case scenario is if the gear was shrunk on or press fitted....probably with a key way too......another method they use is Loctite........heating the gear to about 150 deg C to soften the Loctite will be advisable in that case.

If it's heat shrunk on and the gear is not wanted......there's no going back in this case......I would make a longitudinal saw cut with a hack saw on both sides of the gear between the teeth, almost down to the motor shaft, and use a thin wedge to split the gear off the motor shaft.....that's the last resort if all else fails.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. Doesn't respond to emails and doesn't ship on time. I am sure its costing him a lot business. Monday is the 10th of July was supposed to done approximately June 30. No contact info, no email answers. Looks like a great kit, it shouldn't be this hard to do business, especially when you have to pay up front. I won't give my vote of confidence, if I treated people this way, I wouldn't be in business.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast