Uploads

Default Re: benchtop precision

They are still around. benchtopprecision.com

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know the site is still up but the owner isn't answering emails, so I just wanted to know if the guy is ok, or if he's on vacation or something.

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a belt drive kit & bearings on 5/6/16. I got worried about my kit so I emailed and got no response. I stopped pay through Paypal & I got a email the next day from BTP. I didn't notice that kits were backordered 1.75 - 2 months after the order date. So I'm waiting on my kit. I was told it would ship on 7/24 Monday. We shall see. The only problem with ordering this way is Paypal only backs transactions within 45 days? So the buyer is left hung out. Scott give me his word, so time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

Downloads
    Uploads

He builds great products and stands behind them. Probably got some new items about to be released.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got an email back from Scott saying June has been rather busy so he hopes to get everything out on time. As far as delivery I think there is a blog post saying that from then on all belt drive kits are done on a pre-order basis because he needed to get stuff produced in batches to meet demand.

You should use paypal credit for stuff like this, because it allows disputes for about 6 months.

I do hope that there's a way to get increased pulley ratio with the belt drive kit, because the speed it offers is way too fast for machining steel.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just sent my G0704 column to him for the liner rail conversion. It took him a day or two to return the email.

I'm sure he will return your email but in might take a few days.

His site says he is expecting shipment august 31st. on the G0704 belt drive kit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I ordered it the shipping date was July 31st. I think it's on a rolling date, month to month...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it is I ordered mine when it was June 31st. and got mine July 7 I think.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just one question... I got the new zealand belt drive conversion, and I have trouble drilling or machining 4140HT because the spindle is too fast and at a low spindle speed, the motor would stall trying to drill any hole larger than 1/4". Does BTP's version solve this problem? This is one reason why I spent the money on BTP because being stuck on a fast speed sucks when you are machining steel.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same kit and same problem.
    And now stepped up the btp kit.

It is beautifully machined and perfect fit.

Joseph

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone received the kit for the July batch? I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation or anything for mine and the owner is quiet as usual. Do you think they are having problems, perhaps personal?

I'm going to file a paypal dispute if I see nothing in a week...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, thank you for all your kind words. We are definitely still going strong. You guys keep us very busy and we greatly appreciate all the support. There's no issues here except for being swamped with orders. The belt drives are a very hot item and it's hard for us to keep anything in stock. As soon as we start to build some stock, we get cleaned out.

Anyone who is currently waiting on an order from us I do apologize for the delay. We are working hard to get orders filled! June was VERY busy for us and we are in catch up mode right now.

Once again thank you for all your support and Fastest1 is on to something..... All I'll say is PDB

Thanks, Scott

www.benchtopprecision.com
    | BF20/G0704 Belt Drive Kits | X2 Mini-Mill Belt Drive Kits |

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do hope for some slow speed pulley to be released... I like slower speed, like 1000rpm max to machine stuff like stainless steel...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BTP View Post
    Hey guys, thank you for all your kind words. We are definitely still going strong. You guys keep us very busy and we greatly appreciate all the support. There's no issues here except for being swamped with orders. The belt drives are a very hot item and it's hard for us to keep anything in stock. As soon as we start to build some stock, we get cleaned out.

Anyone who is currently waiting on an order from us I do apologize for the delay. We are working hard to get orders filled! June was VERY busy for us and we are in catch up mode right now.

Once again thank you for all your support and Fastest1 is on to something..... All I'll say is PDB

Thanks, Scott
    I am sure Scott meant to say PDQ

Downloads
    Uploads

Well its been over 3 months since I ordered my kit and bearings. I'M STILL WAITING? BTP printed shipping labels on 8/2/16. I enter the tracking number and it shows Scott shipped it 3 day shipping, THEY SHOW ITS NEVER BEEN TURNED IN TO BE SHIPPED. Scott promised me it would ship on 7/24, so he is a LIAR. I would not waste my time or money on this crook if I were you. He gave me his WORD, a person is only as good as their word. Right Scott!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did not even get a shipping confirmation at all so the guy may be busier than he thought or there may be something else going on.

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a belt drive kit & had my column machined for linear rails and the column is on its way back with in two week of him receiving it. and the belt drive kit came 5 weeks after I ordered it.

I'm not sure what happened with your order but as far as I'm concerned Scott is no crook he is a man of his word.

As far as his belt drive kit goes it is probably the nicest I have seen fit and finish is perfect.

Joseph.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ,
    I stock and sell Scotts TM20/5VL belt-kits and engravers. They are all of exceptional quality.

http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.p...index&cPath=58

And yes, sometimes there are delays. That's what you get when you deal with small niche businesses. They produce quality hand crafted products and exceptional prices.

The column mod can be done by any large engineering company. They will have it back in a few days. It will probably cost 3-4 times what Scott charges and may not be done as well.

You shouldn't expect Scott to be churning out work as if it's coming of a production line. Anybody who has has one of Scott's products will vouch for him. Learn to be patient.

Cheers,

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Dautry........LOL.....a crook and a liar.......if it had been me I would have canceled your order and told you to go get fu##ked for any further orders.......sometimes you have to be patient.......I waited 2 years to get a CNC mill from China despite all others saying it was money down the drain and the guy was spending the money in a pleasure resort somewhere......LOL.

I would suggest you look at the guys track record for output and take your place in the queue......you ain't gonna get any closer to the front by being bad tempered and insolent.
    Ian.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast