X2 cnc finished for now maybe - Page 12

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: X2 cnc finished for now maybe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoss, It in the Ports and Pins, Called Index. This is also used for threading.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Index Mach3Mill

OOP's, Forgot to add the pic.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X2 cnc finished for now maybe-ports-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, that's the one. The one on the ShumaTech site is simpler and will work fine since the transistor is used in the saturated states.

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,
    thanks for the help.
    I found the original design for the belt conversion by Jerry Rollett on the
    GrizHFminimill yahoo group.
    download the pdf here.
    It's fancier than my rendition of it. Will require more detail work. Has a tach built in too.
    Hoss

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    looks good Bob,
    similar to the one from Shumatech
    I have the parts SOMEWHERE.
    what port(input signal) would I need to hook up to in Mach 3?
    Thanks Hoss
    Hoss,

Here is a tach setup I built. I used it with the DRO-350 to check the speeds that I am getting from the steppers with my manual driver.
    I originally built the board with the idea of using it for limit switches, but it works fine for a tach sensor as well. It has outputs for both NO and NC positions. It takes +5, gnd and signal connections. With the Shumatech DRO-350 I wired it to the NO position (close on pulse).

Alan

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X2 cnc finished for now maybe-limitswitch1-c-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-limitswitch2-c-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-tach03-c-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-tach04-c-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    Hoss,

Here is a tach setup I built. I used it with the DRO-350 to check the speeds that I am getting from the steppers with my manual driver.
    I originally built the board with the idea of using it for limit switches, but it works fine for a tach sensor as well. It has outputs for both NO and NC positions. It takes +5, gnd and signal connections. With the Shumatech DRO-350 I wired it to the NO position (close on pulse).

Alan
    Ok, where did you get the boards?

Smitty

Downloads
    Uploads

well the boards say "allan's machine works" on them.. im guessing he drew them up in some free software from the net, and then ordered them from one of thoes short run board making places on the net.. but thats just a guess...

Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smitty,

Project5K is pretty close. I drew the schematics in Eagle but I actually laid out the board with Osmond Quartz (runs on the Mac). I am getting ready to offer them on my website. It took several runs to get the layout just right. It was the first board that I did totally myself and getting all the holes the right size was a new experience for me. Last time I was involved with a board design, was a larger board and I hired professionals to do all the layout. They make it look so easy. LOL

Alan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

www.expresspcb.com has software and provide short run circuit board for relatively reasonable price and fast turnaround. there are cheaper option if you search the web though. (mostly out of china and batched, so it takes upto 30 days)

small board like that will be easy to do multiple from expresspcb. (they have protoservice for $60 board for 3 -2.8x3.4 " board. you should be able to put at least 2 or 3 of those circuit on each board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seriously, that's way overkill for how simple this circuit is. You want a cheap "off-the-shelf" solution? Try this. At $14.95 it's a simple plug-n-play. But it's overkill, has a potentiometer to set the sensitivity ... used for line detection/following. All you need it the circuit shown on the ShumaTech site. No need for a PCB, just some resistors, the sensor, and some 3-lead cable to tie it back to the driver board or BOB if you use one, and some heat-shrink or electrical tape.

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads

yea you could allways just go to the cellphone shack (sorry rat shack.. no no sorry "radio shack") hehe sorry used to manage a couple of them.. anyway, you could go there and get some of that perf board and build it on thoes, cut them to the size you need, and bingo....

Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sensor

I used a telephone connection, to connect Mach3.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X2 cnc finished for now maybe-1-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    I used a telephone connection, to connect Mach3.
    Does that work well for you? I think I've recently read a post which said that using those connectors for servo-encoders was a bad idea as the error rate was pretty big...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used the same telephone connector with my little pcb for a DRO encoder in machine shops. They didn't have any problems. I used capacitor to keep the +5 vdc up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by digits View Post
    Does that work well for you? I think I've recently read a post which said that using those connectors for servo-encoders was a bad idea as the error rate was pretty big...
    If you had 1000ppr encoders then you might have issues, but 0-4000 rpm is a lot slower and thus 22ga wire would work fine.

FWIW,
    Jay

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the tips guys.
    Here's 18 1/2 inches of X travel.
    The stock Z casting back is fairly flat. The largest variance on the Y is .001
    and .004 on the X Axis. The x dips in the middle down .003 on the front edge and rollercoasters on the back edge going down -.0015 in the center and up .0025 at the other end.
    i'll take .010 off with the surfacing cutter and all should be well.
    Then on to some Y fun.
    Hoss

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X2 cnc finished for now maybe-img_0321_800x600-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-img_0333_800x600-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-img_0334_800x600-jpg   X2 cnc finished for now maybe-img_0339_800x600-jpg  

X2 cnc finished for now maybe-img_0364_800x600-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoss,
    wow is that wild! But it looks like a lot of leverage on the small amount of dovetail when the table is fully extended. Any concerns about that?

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love the y-axis. very creative.

Should be able got out a new saddle if you had to. To expand it's foot print a little bit.

Either way, very nice.

Downloads
    Uploads

steve,
    i trust the guy running my mill won't put anything on it that's heavy enough to snap the dovetails.
    if he does, his a*s is mine!
    the pics show the extremes of travel, maybe for engraving something 18 in. long and lightweight.
    16 inches will keep the saddle being exposed and give the most strength.
    better than 8.
    hoss

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoss, when you figure out how to expand the Y to 6" or more, you can quit your day job and open up shop

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast