Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3

Thread: Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3

I am not able to get the E stop working. I have all axis steppers up and running through smooth stepper and the KL- DB25-5 BOB. I have rewired the e stop to use a pin for the limit switch, but that didn't work either? I checked the continuity of the wires, e stop etc. I measured .8vdc to ground on all the inputs off of the BOB. What should I be seeing? 5vdc? I've tried to get help from Automation Technologies for the last couple of days, but they don't seem to want to help? I think it might be a bad BOB, but I'm not sure? I bought all the electronics through them including Mach 3 but I'm not happy with their support. I thought buying all the components from them would be best for support, it did't matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Ma

Here's some pics. I don't know if they will help though?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3-img_1319-jpg   Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3-img_1320-jpg   Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3-img_1322-jpg   Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3-img_1321-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Ma

looks like you have it wired right from what i can see on their website, could it be that the board needs 5v power from the computer trough the usb connector?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dautry View Post
    Here's some pics. I don't know if they will help though?
    The power supply to the BoB is missing. You need to connect it to a separate 5V DC power supply or the a USB port on your computer. Beware that not all computers have 5V out through the USB, some has 3.3V only.

Unable to get E stop to work? Using ethernet smooth stepper, KL-DB25-5 BOB and Mach3-5axis_breakout_board_wiring_diagram_fw_r2_c1-jpg

Connect the BoB as the picture shows.

I don't know what kind of documentation you have received, but pretty much every eBay seller provides clear instructions on how to connect this BoB.

Downloads
    Uploads

No its powered up by a 5VDC supply. It can be powered by a USB or a 5VDC supply just not both. The red LED is on showing its powered up. I also measured 5VDC coming into the board. X,Y & Z axis are all moving when prompted. So that would seem to me that all is working except the side of the BOB for E stop & limit switches.

Downloads
    Uploads

.8 volts is in the questional zone for me.
    I would use a hard ground and a 5v through a resistor to test the input of the BOB And test the voltage from the normal input.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

I would replace the EStop with a simple piece of wire. Pull it out, does the status light in the diagnostics window change? If not, change the state in ports and pins. If it then passes, Try the Estop again. Better yet try a continuity test on the EStop switch itself. Make sure it is operating properly. The ESS also has a plug in have you changed any settings there?

Check #15 on here too. Setting up the SmoothStepper and Mach

Last edited by Fastest1; 02-05-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I figured out the problem. My plan is to go to VFD so I bought this BOB to make it easier if the future. Even though 5VDC is energizing the board, you have to have 12-24VDC hooked up on the VFD terminal side.
    I hooked a 9 volt battery up and it worked like a charm. A small red led also lit up next to the input terminals, letting you know its powered up. I tested it with a jumper and it worked. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very typical to require an additional power supply for speed control. However some VFD's will have this onboard and you can use it.

A lazy man does it twice.