G0704 LED ring light

Thread: G0704 LED ring light

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G0704 LED ring light

I designed a 3D printed LED ring to go on the spindle of my G0704 mill. There are other similar designs out there, but I enjoy creating this type of thing and had to upgrade it slightly so I designed it to support 2 LED ring lights.

I designed it to work with a 100 mm and 110 mm LED rings. These sizes are commonly available in a 12V for automotive applications..

You can get an .stl from here: G0704 spindle LED ring light by pwkalahar - Thingiverse
    Or a cad file from here: https://grabcad.com/library/g0704-sp...d-ring-light-1

If you want to do this, but don't have access to a 3D printer, I am selling some on e-bay: G0704 LED Ring Light 3D Printed Holder Only | eBay
    And if you aren't an E-bayer, you can private message me, but I can promise my response times will be better through e-bay.

To clamp to the spindle it uses these heat set inserts:McMaster-Carr
    and these screws:
    McMaster-Carr
    You could also use a regular nut too with a little longer screw.

Here are the specific electrical parts I used, but anything similar should work just fine.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/301698086931...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/381343608784...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221901466515...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G0704 LED ring light-mill-light-jpeg   G0704 LED ring light-ring1-jpg   G0704 LED ring light-ring-3-jpeg   G0704 LED ring light-ring-4-jpeg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G0704 LED ring light

Nice work. I bought a 2-pack light ring from China for a couple bucks. I glued some magnets on it and stuck it to the spindle housing. Vibration knocked out half the lights on the ring within maybe 4hrs of machining.

Your plastic mount may help isolate those vibrations better.

I like the idea of a ring within a ring for even more light!!

-Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the instant razor market has taught me anything it's that if 1 is good 2 is better. At some point in the future I might have to come out with a V2 featuring 7 blades, I mean LED rings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pwkalahar View Post
    If the instant razor market has taught me anything it's that if 1 is good 2 is better. At some point in the future I might have to come out with a V2 featuring 7 blades, I mean LED rings.
    Funny, ever had a hot shave with a straight razor and a barber? You will forget that 2/3/4 blade crap and wonder how they do it with a single razor. Much closer than any safety razor.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the STL! I'm ordering the rings today and I'll print out the file before they get here. Cheers!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me know how the print works out for you.

I think it is pretty slick, but it would be great to hear about your experience.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads