my 1handed o704 build - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: my 1handed o704 build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: my 1handed o704 build

ok after a ton of reading,... and help from a guy in an earthquake recently... i had done the A axis activation thing right......
    it turns out that i was puuting my origin in the stock setup in the wrong place...the wrong place being anything other than the center rotating axis of the model... it took a while but it finally all
    made sense to me.. talk about a learning curve....it never flattens out does it LOL

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

next problem if i could get some help please .... i got a new touch probe....the switch is not isolated from the body...so when i put it in the spindle i get probe error...
    so the probees switch i guess is not isolated ...but im running a tool length touch probe that is wired in series with the touch probe. (which is isolated)

do i just need a resistor...from input 15 to 5v ....... im just not sure what size resistor...

Downloads
    Uploads

You will most likely have to change the active state within ports and pins for the probe between the 2 types of probes. I have to do that depending if I use a probe or touch plate.

I believe there are also some circuits available (CNC4PC) that will allow you to leave Mach alone and it knows which unit is being used.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that sounds right.... if i hook up just the probe... it works with the same settings that both the probe and touchplate together worked on... but if i hook the toolsetter back up.. it goes nanners again..
    im just gonna use it as an excuse to get a new board with more inputs.. then i can have the all the inputs i need... and i can get rid of the vfd plugin and hook the vfd straight to the board... hook up an index signal.. and seperate hookup for probe and toolsetter etc etc..

i can reuse the old board and stuff when i convert the lathe...

am i correct in assuming that if i use both ports on the c62 board... that ill need to add another parallel port to the control pc

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes on the 2nd port on the PC.

However some breakout boards (like a PMDX 126), they offer an expanded mode. I believe they offer a few more inputs or outputs without a 2nd parallel port. Not as many as a 2nd port would offer. Please verify that before assuming I am correct.

I tried to look up the circuit I referred to that allowed both a probe and touch plate to share a set of pins and eliminate the need to change the active states between devices. I havent found it yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the effort 9

i went with c62 and added a parallel port..i though i got lucky with the parallel card but inputs 2-9 arent working...but ihave enough inputs and outputs to last me a while.. i finally figured out the s[indle setup... just need to get the pwm settings right, make an index ring and mount the sensor..rpm is way off

Downloads
    Uploads

1hander, did you delete the linearity.dat file first?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry i didnt see this last post, i just gave up trying to get the indexing working... had a friend come over who had his working and he could not get mine to work....at all...so i quit on it..
    once i get the money, im switching to a centroid acorn controller. ..

but i was happy today, as i got the 4th axis working and cut my first test part using wrap toolpath ... i had enable use radius as feedrate, uncheck 360 rollover and it started working great..

im using a 500:1 harmonic drive 4th ..only problem i having is its getting a stutter when it changes direction during a circular move.. the x and y do not have the stutter..so i dont think its a voltage problem.

the motor was getting really hot so i turned the amperage down to minimum ..then it lost steps..so i turned it up to halfway between full and minimum amoerage..and it stopped losing steps
    but after a whiile started to get really hot then the stutter kind starts to get worse..
    by hot i mean hold my hand on for 3 seconds and quickly remove it..,i think its getting to hot..but would like you alls opinions or any insight to settings i may have missed etc etc..
    it is just a chinese harmonic fourth so it may just be a crappy stepper motor.

i was running all feedrates during cutting at 20ipm including the 4th, when that little stutter was taking place, only the a,x, and y were in motion, the z was stationary

You have pics of that 4th axis?

What drivers are you using? Ever since I left my G540 for a MX3660 my steppers are cool as a cucumber.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345