Language barriers (ball Screw purchase)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Language barriers (ball Screw purchase)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Language barriers (ball Screw purchase)

was looking at these screws on Ebay and I noticed the pictures showed the ends machined but as far as I can discern there is no specs about it. I sent a message to the seller inquiring and this was the reply I got:
    "hi,friend.
    Thanks for you kindly inquiry,
    It is end machining.
    Have a sketch map in the item.You can refer..
    any question please contact me again.
    thank you."

gotta love speaking to someone who doesn't understand English.
    For those of you suggesting Linearmotionbearings, from what I have seen, too many people have had to deal with warped screws due to bad packaging. I just have no desire to deal with such a headache.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Language barriers (ball Screw purchase)

You expect someone from China to speak English fluently?
    As a customer of linearmotion on ebay I can tell you he has a better comprehension of english than the message you posted from the other seller.
    Many have bought kits from him for mine and bdtools conversions with very happy customers.
    Wonder what qualifies as too many and how long ago you read that the screws are bent?
    You are under no obligation to buy anything from China, plenty of US suppliers that will resell you ballscrews they source from guess where.
    Hoss

Last edited by hoss2006; 10-31-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    You expect someone from China to speak English fluently?
    As a customer of linearmotion on ebay I can tell you he has a better comprehension of english than the message you posted from the other seller.
    Many have bought kits from him for mine and bdtools conversions with very happy customers.
    You are under no obligation to buy anything from China, plenty of US suppliers that will resell you ballscrews they source from guess where.
    Hoss
    I have no problems with buying things from china, that's never been the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dracozny View Post
    was looking at these screws on Ebay and I noticed the pictures showed the ends machined but as far as I can discern there is no specs about it. I sent a message to the seller inquiring and this was the reply I got:
    "hi,friend.
    Thanks for you kindly inquiry,
    It is end machining.
    Have a sketch map in the item.You can refer..
    any question please contact me again.
    thank you."

gotta love speaking to someone who doesn't understand English.
    For those of you suggesting Linearmotionbearings, from what I have seen, too many people have had to deal with warped screws due to bad packaging. I just have no desire to deal with such a headache.
    And how fluent are you in Chinese languages? I'm guessing their English is probably FAR better than your Mandarin.... Only Americans expect the entire rest of the world to speak their language.....

Linearmotionbearings2008 has over 4000 sales on E-Bay, with a 100% feedback rating, MANY positive reviews in this forum and others. He has also sent more than one buyer free replacement screws when they've had legitimate problems. But because you've read of a few problems, you'd rather go with a seller that nobody here has reviewed?? Your logic escapes me....

Regards,
    Ray L.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    And how fluent are you in Chinese languages? I'm guessing their English is probably FAR better than your Mandarin.... Only Americans expect the entire rest of the world to speak their language.....
    I do not expect them to speak English, my frustration is not a slam against him in any way but clearly you feel like slamming me just for voicing a frustration
    Linearmotionbearings2008 has over 4000 sales on E-Bay, with a 100% feedback rating, MANY positive reviews in this forum and others. He has also sent more than one buyer free replacement screws when they've had legitimate problems. But because you've read of a few problems, you'd rather go with a seller that nobody here has reviewed?? Your logic escapes me....
    actually I was basing this potential purchase on a series of users from another forum. the issues with linear motion are well documented throughout a multitude of forums and youtube. I am glad you are satisfied with his product. I just don't like dealing with a known hassle he has chosen not to rectify and finds it cheaper to ship his product twice.
    Ray L.
    anyways if this is just going to continue to be a flame fest we might as well lock this thread now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Between what I've read here and at several other forums, Linearmotionbearings (Chai) is hands down the most popular person to buy from. You're rolling the dice to some extent with any chinese ebay purchase. The only way to be 100% sure you won't have issues is to pay a lot more to a US reseller.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Just send him a drawing of how you would like the ends machined. Had good service from him, and screws came machined as requested.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
    Just send him a drawing of how you would like the ends machined. Had good service from him, and screws came machined as requested.
    Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Chai gets my vote. I have had a few orders with him. He has always try to make things right even with a language barrier.

Though a ball screw may have a bit of run out. I am not sure of the overall effect. Many times we are talking theoretical.

I do agree his packaging does leave a bit to be desired. I guess cardboard tubing is expensive in China?

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Chai gets my vote. I have had a few orders with him. He has always try to make things right even with a language barrier.

Though a ball screw may have a bit of run out. I am not sure of the overall effect. Many times we are talking theoretical.

I do agree his packaging does leave a bit to be desired. I guess cardboard tubing is expensive in China?
    Run out is to be expected these are only C7 rated screws. We're pretty much using software to compensate on the hobby level anyways. My concern is the numbers of bent screws. For those of you that have bought doublenut screws from Chai, were the prices comparable to Miss_my_car?
    As far as Chai's packaging, I can't help but say it, your signature line fits perfectly.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you use double nuts on the screws a think accuracy is something like .003 over 12". I am guessing most of your work will be within a 12" cube, so that should be pretty good. I think you will find that the rest of your machine (ways, bolted column, twist) will be way harder to maintain .003 over 12". Saying that I have the MD001 Mill, and took the time to tram it the pretty well. I can get most cuts within a few thousands as long as I am careful on the finish passes.
    Really can't expect much from rolled screws, and poor machine base. Time to move to a used Haas or Fadal much better investment.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post

Regards,
    Ray L.
    yeah and only 6 neutral feedbacks in 453 sales the last 12 months. easy to see why he is so popular and highly recommended here. all those bad reviews on the other forums must not leave feedback i guess.

For those of you that have bought doublenut screws from Chai, were the prices comparable to Miss_my_car?
    they are more expensive than getting them from linearmotion2008 but hey you have to pay more for better things from a reputed dealer right?

Downloads
    Uploads

I've got a number of screws from chai over the years. Some slightly bent. However I've been happy with price and service.

Perhaps you can suggest you pay for double thickness packaging plus the increased shipping?

I just got an order from BST Automation on aliexpress and was very happy with communication from Fred. Packaging was pretty decent also.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
    If you use double nuts on the screws a think accuracy is something like .003 over 12". I am guessing most of your work will be within a 12" cube, so that should be pretty good. I think you will find that the rest of your machine (ways, bolted column, twist) will be way harder to maintain .003 over 12". Saying that I have the MD001 Mill, and took the time to tram it the pretty well. I can get most cuts within a few thousands as long as I am careful on the finish passes.
    Really can't expect much from rolled screws, and poor machine base. Time to move to a used Haas or Fadal much better investment.
    Yea that is the tradeoff, I know in the long run I am spending more to get a machine I need(want). Heck I need an actual shop but one step at a time. Most of my work probably will be within 12" even so I do have a bit of leeway on the tolerances for the parts I plan to make .01" is probably more than acceptable for many of those parts. Even so adding more defects into an already low tolerance machine is an exercise in insanity to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post

yeah and only 6 neutral feedbacks in 453 sales the last 12 months. easy to see why he is so popular and highly recommended here. all those bad reviews on the other forums must not leave feedback i guess.
    He does allot of sells via email vs eBay. We order custom stuff via email and pay via PayPal. No way to leave feedback. That being said. He is good. I purchased a set of double nut ball screws
    For my G0704 and they're machined to spec. They look good and don't look bent. Good price too.

Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Downloads
    Uploads

.01 would be obtainable with Hoss' phase 1 plans using the stock screws and Mach's backlash comp.

Downloads
    Uploads

Far as I know he has a rf45 so my phase 1 will do little good. fyi, people report as good as .005 using the stock screws.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    Far as I know he has a rf45 so my phase 1 will do little good. fyi, people report as good as .005 using the stock screws.
    Hoss
    Zx45, I wish Hoss had plans but I have slowly been putting this together.

.005" on these acme lead screws? I have so much play in these hand wheels I just don't see that as possible, and I have tried tightening that nut under the table it just makes it harder to turn but not much backlash is taken out in the process.

I keep looking at my plans that I have been working on and think I can cram the 2005 ball nuts under the table, not sure if it's worth the extra costs. I know a few people are running 1605's without any issues. choices choices..

feel free to talk me out of spending money

Last edited by dracozny; 11-01-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sent Chai an email about 9:00pm Aussie time last night, I had a relply within 10 minues and the whole order was completed soon after that. Very happy with his service via email and I'll let you know in 7 - 12 days when the goods arrive. If he was a local I'd buy the guy a beer.

As for the "Engirsh", I just assume they are doing the best they can, who knows they maybe trying to communicate is several other languages, so between trying to get their heads around other languages and running a bussiness I reckon they are doing ok.

Stoner #1

Downloads
    Uploads

If it werent for the Chinese, most of us wouldnt be making CNC machines at home. Our machines can usually exceed our abilities pretty easily. Or with some proper set up and skills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast