Prolight 1000 Retrofit Newbie - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prolight 1000 Retrofit Newbie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Prolight 1000 Retrofit Newbie

Located in Des Moines, IA.

Took the cover off of the Z axis motors, they have the same technical markings as the others.

Superior Electric
    Slo-Syn
    Type: m063-CS06
    Volts DC: 3.36
    Amps: 2.9
    200 Steps/Rev

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mhackney View Post
    I know the founder of Light Machines but he sold the company a few years ago.

There is actually a lot of info, google it. I found this here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...trol-card.html

cheers,
    Michael
    Any chance he might still have some technical information on the servo controller used in the ProLight 2000 mill? I'd like to get it running in stock form with Linux CNC but without knowing any special commands it uses via the serial port... But that is a fortunate thing about the 2000, there's no separate box to get lost, just plug it to a PC with a single RS232 cable and it can be run off a DOS floppy or bootable USB stick.

Sure would have been nice if the company had supported the PLM 2000 with their Windows software, but that only works with the stepper motor mills.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Prolight 1000 Retrofit Newbie

I am a robotics coach in MI and the high school we are based in gave us some older light machine that are no longer used... I have a CNC router, a Prolight Mill and A Prolight Lathe..

Also planning on converting to Mach3 and i should receive a gecko g540 drive today.

I am looking at the CNC lathe and i am trying to figure out my wiring for the DB9 connector to the g540.... the stepper motors i have a are SLO-SYN stepping motors... M063-CS06 3.36V and 2.9 amps... g540 has great instruction but i am trying to figure out the wires from the motor....

Any help would be appreciated.

Seb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12