Need Help! Optimum BF20L (G704) CNC assembly questions/problems

Thread: Optimum BF20L (G704) CNC assembly questions/problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Optimum BF20L (G704) CNC assembly questions/problems

Hello,

My machine is Optimum BF20L Vario (similar to G704) and I am currently converting it with the factory CNC + ball spindle kit but i have some questions.

1. I've installed the X axis ball bearing spindle by tightening it against the bearing on the left side of the machine and left it with a distance on the right side of the machine. Is this correct? Or should it be the other way around?

Logic would suggest that the the spindle should be clamped against the bearing on the motor side (left) as i have done but the left side bearing is a plain 6000Z deep grove ball bearing. The bearing on the right side is unknown but its thickness would suggest that its an angular contact bearing (same as Y axis) however as you can see in the picture, there is nothing to stop the bearing from being pushed out under load as its just a light press fit.

Left side tight:

Optimum BF20L (G704) CNC assembly questions/problems-p8283356-jpg

Right side with 2mm space:

Optimum BF20L (G704) CNC assembly questions/problems-p8283357-jpg

Also, on page 7 the instructions say:

"The axial deep groove ball bearing of the milling machine table has to be disassembled on the right side and reassembled on the left side. The bushing of the milling machine table has to be disassembled on the left side and reassembled on the right side."

Is this something that's referring to pre-2007 machines? Because my machine is 2013 and the bearing on the right side is bigger in diameter and thicker and could not be swapped to the left side.

Any help is appreciated!