Newbie HAFCO HM48 geared head CNC conversion - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: HAFCO HM48 geared head CNC conversion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAFCO HM48 geared head CNC conversion

Little fix for my miss calculation, the machine oil feed groves i fitted became exposed every time i went to home or limit position, so i made up table extensions.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had some issues engraving plate, i found that the slight difference in material height made the fine engraving very inconsistent, so i designed a drill holder that is lightly spring loaded, works a treat , the depth now varies via speed, only pitfall is if you go over the same area twice it goes deeper every time. very happy with the results and will probably make a new one with a Collet style chuck.

Downloads
    Uploads

That tool is usually used prior to drilling a hole. You are using that tip to engrave?

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    That tool is usually used prior to drilling a hole. You are using that tip to engrave?
    The drill bit is a centring drill yeah I was using them to engrave. Comes up great finish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a Facebook link to the small business we are doing if you would like to see some off the work we are doing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Custo...56789001022313

Downloads
    Uploads

Changing to 3 phase, what a nightmare taking the motor off, was corroded in and had to be destroyed to remove sizes are all correct was just corroded together.

Such a hard just get it apart, and the frusterating bit is it just slips back together. shaft size was machined down from 24mm- 18.87mm

Downloads
    Uploads

What motor are you replacing it with? Any plans to upgrade the spindle to belt drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced it with a Delta connected 2.2 kw motor L90 frame 4 pole 91400 rpm), I had to remove the motor shaft and machine it to suit as the original shaft was 19mm with 5m key way, it appears that this was done from factory as well as the machined surface on the original motor was very poor.
    Its up and running great now. I don't go over 3000 spindle rpm in high as the oil starts to froth up. also sounds like I have a slightly noisy bearing now aswell!!
    Beltdrive may be to go in future.

Downloads
    Uploads

Slow on the updates but this is a big one I managed to get myself a new machine, as much as I like my 45- it's just not big enough sometimes, I brought a Cincinnati I plan to retrofit, 21 tool changer is what I'm excited about.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another Slow update, i since sold the cincinati 500 and decided to make a router table. build is well underway has been designed to cut aluminum with a working enverlope of 1350x1350mm x 200mm z axis. all ballscrew driven, i have the Y axis complete and just about complete on the z axis. i am using some leftover the Y axis has a killer Nema 42 2800nm drive on it that works great so far. im achieving 10500mm/min witha 5mm ballscrew @1600 microsteps, very hapy with the build so far.
    http://vid908.photobucket.com/albums...psbgoa8d1a.mp4

Downloads
    Uploads

got the router moving time to build the table

Downloads
    Uploads

New table close to being finished, extremely rigid, ans square. table size 1300x1020 with a 300mmx1300 open section and a vertical table, this will allow end milling of longer components, and a great area to put the rotating assembly for the 4th axis. Ive learnt alot sonce conrevrting the last machine, coolant recovery is a big focus on this machine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345