G0704 Ball screw choices - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G0704 Ball screw choices

Downloads
    Uploads

You did machine the mount correct? Will need to think about how I can make that part somehow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes but an alternative is to mill the bore and threadmill it instead of on a lathe, if you don't want to buy the big taps.
    Hoss

Last edited by hoss2006; 04-09-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G0704 Ball screw choices

Hi All. Dabblerdude here from Sydney, Oz. I've been a longtime lurker on the forum. Learnt a lot over the years from reading posts by Hoss and other contributors (thank you All!), but have got a long way to go before I'd actually call myself a machinist.

I've been interested in cnc mills (particularly BF20/G0704 type) and lathes (G0602 type) for a long time but have yet to bite the bullet and acquire some machines so that I can finally indulge my passion. Hopefully one day when time and finances permit...

Anyway, with my introduction out of the way, I've always wondered about what effect machining the recess in the table saddle for the x-axis nut has on the rigidity of these small mills? Is it something to be concerned about?

Cheers

DD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12