Larger xy table for my X2, need some ideas - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Larger xy table for my X2, need some ideas

Well its done! Mounted the machine to its location and got ideas from others who used shower pan liners just in case I end up soaking the machine with coolant, when I do I will build some kind of splash shields. I folded up some thin tar paper to protect the leadscrews, but I don't know how long they will last will find out eventually at least I know they are water proof. Just for some caution to those using Chinese ballscrews, you may have to place a spacer between the bearings, hit and miss on how deep they bored out for the bearings some I got .005 backlash without spacers.

Ballscrew 2005 series for Z axis without modification was .0009"
    Ballscrew 1605 series for Y axis without spacer .005" with spacer .00015
    Ballscrew 1605 series for X axis wihtout spacer .004" with spacer on the pillow block bearing .0017"... my play is from the ballnut. The block holding the ballnut is aligned straight. However if I shim one side of the ballnut mounting block it would have less backlash, but I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. It still smooth and can turn the leadscrew by hand easily. Any thoughts on shimming the ballnut to reduce backlash?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Larger xy table for my X2, need some ideas-m_img_3052-jpg  
    www.VicRC.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123