3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan's g0704...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice, Ryan, thanks for sharing-

Dave

Dave->..

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

The router build looks like another fantastic creation from you and reading your analysis of the KFlop stuff earlier.....well....alas that stuff went straight over my little mind...but again I must say WOW this cnc'd mill build is one freaking excellent build...I'm going to follow you and others and lap my ways....and again Ryan thanks for the explanations and pics..

This build is definitely one of the best builds I've seen well done...and keep the pics flowing for those of us (ME) who find it easier to learn from photos rather than learning from reading ye''re progress. ..

Eoin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm liking the machine more and more. I never realized just how much I was missing with the old round-column mill.

I've started taping a piece of paper to the front of the head to block chips:

I really like having two vices on the table. I guess for this kind of work you kind of need two.

Up close there is evidence of vibration in my surface finish (and frankly its pretty easy to feel vibration just by touching the mill head).

The vibration is present with the empty spindle so it is probably coming from the spindle itself. When I get around to removing the 5th axis and replacing it with a spacer it should clean that up a bit, but I think a machine in this price/weight range is going to be limited.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Been working on this all day every day.

I had no 21mm retaining rings so I press fit the linear bearings.

The plan...

I will have to cut the stepper shafts and cut notches in the box so it can fold.

And just showing how the two nema 14 steppers avoid hitting eachother.

I had to custom order the nema14s and they are beasts, 2A with 2.5mH inductance. I will be running at 36V with 2:1 reduction so hopefully they will be okay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To add portability to an already beautiful project just puts this over the top. Nice work to say the least.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow.. will you be selling those? I want one!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The machine looks great! I look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Do you mind going into a little more detail about what you did with your spindle and why?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Been a long day and I'm super tired but I'll post a teaser picture. The clearances are hilariously tight, almost every critical piece has 2mm of clearance in the CAD and it seems to work in real life as well.

Probably too much work went into this guy to make it economical to sell. I can put the CAD files up though.

DRock: My g0704 spindle has gone through a bearing replacement (exactly as hoss describes). I then mounted a 25 tooth pulley on the spindle and a 50 tooth pulley on a DMM-Tech 1.5KW servo.

I plan on completely redoing that whole section. When I remove the 5th axis I will put in two sets of timing pulleys for a high and low gear, as well as leave room for a power drawbar and such.

The servo appears to have more than enough power for the g0704. Have not tried rigid tapping yet but I might need a second encoder directly on the spindle depending on how much the belt stretches.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cut a plexiglass table just for show:

The table is about 12x18 which is too large for me to really handle myself. I ended up getting it waterjetted by a local machine shop. They charged me 73$ for the job which is actually less than I would have spent on a similar piece of plate.

I'll still need to tap and counterbore the holes, and I'll run a facemill over the top as well.

Working on mounting the electronics:

And the current state of things. Excuse the poor pictures, I had horrible lighting:

Still a fair deal of work to be done, the electronics are not entirely finished and I need to fully enclose them as well to prevent chips from causing problems. Also need to build a spindle.

The case weighs about 42lb with the aluminium table. Pretty damn heavy, but still "portable".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want one!!!!! its like 007 meets machinist with a little bit of thomas crown affair. great work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    007, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe something that Q carries into the field to fix stuff that Commander Bond breaks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the various electronic boards? I see a Kflop and what looks like a driver board with 4 Polulu drivers (3 with heatsink), but what are the other boards for?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast