Build Thread Ryan's g0704... - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Ryan's g0704...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ryan's g0704...

Hello Ryan,

First off let me say what an amazing build this is! I have learned quite a lot from reading this build log. I too have owned a G0704, however with being away at college I have not accomplished nearly as much as you have here! If I could go back and do it again, I would have built mine around kflop, but there was a lot of mystery concerning that controller when I started (I went with a ethernet Smoothstepper).

Can you explain how you mounted your pulley to the spindle? There are many ideas on the web about this, and you seem to have an eye for detail.

Could you also explain the setup of a servo spindle in mach 3? Just simply setting up a step/dir spindle, and setting the ports and pins to match doesn't seem to send any signal when a M3 command is called. Is there something more that needs to be done? I have heard swapaxis() may need to be called in a macro. I am using a DMM Tech 750W AC Servo and the matching DYN3 Servo drive.

Thanks and awesome build!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where did all the pictures to this forum go? I NEED THESE pictures! Any way I can find these or get these from someone?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like the images were hosted on imageshack, and they are no longer there. You would need to contact the OP, to see if he could send you the pictures.

Michael Anton
    http://manton.ca - http://laserlight.wikidot.com

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415