PM 25 stand info

Thread: PM 25 stand info

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PM 25 stand info

Hi everyone I'm new to the Forum and even newer to milling. I have just purchased a Precision Matthews pm-25mv milling machine. A gentleman by the name of Franco was giving a review of The Machine and upon measuring the bottom base stand he showed a width measurement of approximately 13 in, and looking on the Precision Matthews website the stand measurements were displayed at 14 by 16. I am trying to find a way to fabricate a rolling Dolly before the machine comes, which would make it so much easier for me to maneuver this machine around my limited space. I do not believe the measurements are accurate on the Precision Matthews site. If anyone has one of these Precision Matthew blue bases for the PM 25, would you be kind enough to take just a moment and physically measure the exact dimensions of the base, width and length where it would fit into a little dolly tray that I would like to fabricate. I need the true exact dimensions so that I can make the rectangle Dolly tray, thank you so much. If I can get these measurements I will be able to put this all together before the machine comes and make moving it around so much easier looking so much forward to using it

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PM 25 stand info

@JoeWest,
    My PM-25MV stand base measures 13.5W X 16.5L Here is a photo.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 509Maker View Post
    @JoeWest,
    My PM-25MV stand base measures 13.5W X 16.5L Here is a photo.

Thank you so very much for the Speedy reply! This is going to be so helpful to me, but, true to form, dummy that I am, forgot one detail. have one more measurement that I'm hoping you can review for me. That one is, with the door open to 90 degrees, how far is it from the bottom of the door to the floor? I don't want to make my little dolly interfere with opening the door. That was a last minute thought. once again thank you so much!

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

From bottom of the door when open to the bottom of the stand is roughly 5.5"

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much... plenty of room! I really do appreciate the help.
    Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

I came across this on amazon.com do you think this would fit on one of the shelves inside the base stand?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Downloads
    Uploads

The biggest limiting factor to fitting drawers inside of the stand is going to be the PM stand door opening width of only 10" without taking off the door.