Build Thread My G0704 CNC conversion adventure - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: My G0704 CNC conversion adventure

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I placed an order with McMaster-Carr a year ago from Canada, and it was declined with the usual excuse, even though I used my company name. After reading one of the comments here, I tried again last week, and the order was shipped. Hopefully this means I am now one of their good customers, and I won't have problems in the future. Time will tell.

Xnaron, I have the required spacer shims, and two sets of bearings from VXB to do a bearing conversion. If you would be interested on working on a bearing conversion together, and doing two mills at the same time, I'll supply the shims, since I have 10 of each. Since we are both located in Edmonton, and seem to work on similar projects, I figured we might get along quite well, and it might be useful to have someone else to bounce ideas off of. Let me know if you are interested.

Michael Anton
    http://manton.ca - http://laserlight.wikidot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by manton View Post
    I placed an order with McMaster-Carr a year ago from Canada, and it was declined with the usual excuse, even though I used my company name. After reading one of the comments here, I tried again last week, and the order was shipped. Hopefully this means I am now one of their good customers, and I won't have problems in the future. Time will tell.

Xnaron, I have the required spacer shims, and two sets of bearings from VXB to do a bearing conversion. If you would be interested on working on a bearing conversion together, and doing two mills at the same time, I'll supply the shims, since I have 10 of each. Since we are both located in Edmonton, and seem to work on similar projects, I figured we might get along quite well, and it might be useful to have someone else to bounce ideas off of. Let me know if you are interested.
    Hi Michael,

My bearings are arriving today and I have shims coming but they are not here yet. It would be great to meet you and possibly work on this together. I will PM you.

Brendin

Checkout my new Tech Blog! http://xnaron.com

Downloads
    Uploads

My bearings from bearingsdirect.com arrived today. Shims should hopefully be here next week. Can anyone comment on the orientation of the lower and upper bearings with respect to which side should be up? The bearings have a phenolic insert. On one side of the bearing there is a larger space between the phenolic and the outer race (easy to see the balls on this side). Should this be up or down on the lower? Should it be up or down on the upper?

thanks,
    Brendin

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you take some pictures of your bearings? I got mine from VBX and you have to look very close to see the orientation.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
    My bearings from bearingsdirect.com arrived today. Shims should hopefully be here next week. Can anyone comment on the orientation of the lower and upper bearings with respect to which side should be up? The bearings have a phenolic insert. On one side of the bearing there is a larger space between the phenolic and the outer race (easy to see the balls on this side). Should this be up or down on the lower? Should it be up or down on the upper?

thanks,
    Brendin

Can't find the pics of mine installed but the side where the bearings are more visible (the outer race is thinner) would face down on the lower bearing and face up on the upper.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    Can you take some pictures of your bearings? I got mine from VBX and you have to look very close to see the orientation.
    Hi Joe!

Here are some pics of mine on either side. On one side there is a much bigger gap between the phenolic and the outer race. So from what Hoss said this side would face down on the lower and up on the upper.

Brendin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    Can't find the pics of mine installed but the side where the bearings are more visible (the outer race is thinner) would face down on the lower bearing and face up on the upper.
    Hoss
    Thanks Hoss that makes sense.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My G0704 CNC conversion adventure-dsc01646-jpg   My G0704 CNC conversion adventure-dsc01647-jpg  

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112