Dyna Myte 2400 Controller Parts available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyna Myte 2400 Controller Parts available

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dyna Myte 2400 Controller Parts available

I have aquired a Dyna Myte 2400 from my brother and I'm hoping to convert it to Mach 3 setup. If anyone is looking for Steppers, controllers, key pad and so on. give me a shout I would like to sell them off to fund the conversion. I'm looking for pdf manuals if anyone has a copy to share.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Why remove the steppers? You will be able to interface with the steppers just fine with a controller. The spindle control is very easy to retro. I have run mine via a G540 for quite a while now. The switches and electronics are very capable. You wont be getting this quality of build at hobbyist prices I promise. If they built a machine this nice today with todays technology, 30,000.00? Its abilities and attention to detail were pretty forward thinking I would say. Btw I have quite a bit of literature if you need some.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had no idea I could use the existing steppers... I dont know much about the machines this is my first. What controllers did you use for you machine ? I would love to get my hands on the manuals for the machine.

I have to replace the drive gear for the Z axis it is cracked do you know if Dyna has replacement parts still?

Any help would be great !!

Downloads
    Uploads

The gear is probably still available. If not you can ask on the forum here for "Dyna Mechtronics" it isn't very active but keep your eyes on it. There is also a Yahoo group for them. I am using a Gecko G540 accompanied with a 48vdc power supply. This combo has the breakout board and controller all in 1 small package. The drives are individually replaceable if they were to be damaged (I never read about anyone needing to replace 1 though) and your machine and pc are protected by optoisolation. I have all of the manuals but wont be back in town til Monday. There are quite a few very well documented builds of this machine and the 2000's and 2200's. Mechanically the different models are almost identical.

Downloads
    Uploads

Btw originally I reused the power supply with no issues. There was no reason to replace it except that I had a larger amperage power supply begging.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    The gear is probably still available. If not you can ask on the forum here for "Dyna Mechtronics" it isn't very active but keep your eyes on it. There is also a Yahoo group for them. I am using a Gecko G540 accompanied with a 48vdc power supply. This combo has the breakout board and controller all in 1 small package. The drives are individually replaceable if they were to be damaged (I never read about anyone needing to replace 1 though) and your machine and pc are protected by optoisolation. I have all of the manuals but wont be back in town til Monday. There are quite a few very well documented builds of this machine and the 2000's and 2200's. Mechanically the different models are almost identical.
    If you felt like sharing the documentation you have that would be great.
    I called dyna they want 87.00 for the gear and I will have to get one on order.

Downloads
    Uploads

pm me your email.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got a Dyna Myte 2400c and have some ?
    when i turn on my machine ,my controller screen stops and says
    {controler working } only one time it went in to {Mode}
    I cheaked the controller battery and its fine 3.7 volts.
    When it says { controller working } you can press the yes button and it dose the servo home fine and thats it, i cant do any thig else. all four modes light up red , you can push bottons and they beep but dont do any thing????
    I would be interested in any help on how to get this machine up and running.
    Any body got software or a good recommendation on what to use.
    Who has the best software post for the machine ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get a pc or ISA card with it? Generally you wont get the software or the pc, just a machine and membrane controller. If that is what you have, good luck interfacing with it. Better to install a different breakout board and drives (Gecko G540). You can or should be able to do some machining with the membrane controller if it works. You actually hae to press "enter" after a directional command. Does it go thru a homing routine and then tell you the backlash on each axis? Then it says "Ready"? Or does it error before this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Btw have you been to the Dyna Mechtronics threads here on the zone? Not very active but you will see some retrofits of the 2000,2200 & 2400 machines. I posted a few today of my machine in its various forms of disrepair.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have any of the manuals? Service or Operation? Pm me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need 2400 controler

I know the post is pretty old but am looking for a 2400 controller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes i have a controler, its a 2400, old, not to shure if its working right,and the siliver leads on the flex board are very thin, i have other stuff to.

I riped out my system and went with a gecko 540 drive and new motors and Mach3 as a driver program.

I have controler It lights up and most of the bottons work not shure about the rest, But it did go to the home position, 3 working motors,and main controler board seemed to be working.

I just did not like the old system, love the new system.

Frank_E_Martin@bd.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dyna 2400 controller

I am looking for a Dyna 2400 controller, anybody know where I might find one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you have a working 2400 and the controller went out? Otherwise reverse engineering to make the old system operable is foolish. If you bought one off of eBay with no controller, buy a G540 and be done with it.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 2400 and two 2200 Dyna's but have only two working controllers and one that needs repairs. The 2400 works fine and I am able to download programs notstop beyond 3000 lines. The later EPROMs in the Dyna controller allow for fast downloads. The steppers work fine, feedrates are great and it easly cuts 1/8 inch brass stock in a single pass which is the max that most of my projects require. I use multiple passes for thicker (i.e. 1/4 inch stock). With some tooling I designed I have a work envelope of 10 inch's + in the x axis. I design in Mastercam, post in Dyna language, then download directly to the stock controller. I have reviewed the Gecko 540 and required software, but it looks like a lot of cost and work for not much gain over what I have running now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure what you anticipate to pay for a controller but a G540 and Mach isn't too bad if you are making something. No real performance advantage as Dyna made some great stuff but trying to interface with it was difficult if you don't have the software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have it right, interfacing for most folks was a pain. I have been doing it for a few decades and with the right cableing, computer and the free communications software I orginally got from Dyna it is a snap. The software finds the correct Com port, checks it, debugs the code to be sure it is error free then communicates with the Dyna. Dyna also made a number of different EPROMS for the Dyna 2400 controller and the 1B4E EPROM makes for quick up and down loads as well as improved feed rates. If I wanted more power in the motors it might make sense to convert to the G540 and change steppers. That of course requires new software and hardware and around $500 I would guess. The G540 would also lose some of the M-Code commands that the Dyna uses but that is not a big deal. I might convert one of my 2200 Dyna's with the G540 if I can't find a controller. Thanks for your comments.

Downloads
    Uploads

The M codes you refer to. Are these canned cycles? I never had the software but did originally have a working controller. I could do quite a bit just from the console though my understanding at the time was even more vague. It appeared there was little code generated for the amount of cuts it did. Using a post processor for BC never generated such a light amount of code. I always suspected the codes in the Dyna controller were proprietary and not public info. If I could have obtained the software and the knowledge to feed it via modern pc's I would have gone your route. The machines themselves are sweet. I am not too impressed with the gear reductions on the axis but that is about my only gripe. The G540 even linked with a Smoothstepper didn't noticeably increase working speeds for me. Not much reason for a rapid of 100ipm when there is only 5" in X.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to see my WEB site with the Dyna at Dyna Mechtronics The M codes include spindle on/off, buzzer on, timer, and they control the input/output control for external components. I had a 5 axis Robot connected to the IO's to feed, machine and remove parts. AH unattented manufacturing. The Dyna Code is explaned in the Dyna Programing Manual. If you understand G & M codes, Dyna language is easy to understand and it is supported by most CAM post programs. It is important to understand incremental and absolute moves. I am not too impressed with the gear drive and would prefer a belt drive but it has worked well for years. I think the max ipm is 32 with a stock controler, which is way too much for most work. Thanks for your coments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast