Turnkey CNC G0704

Thread: Turnkey CNC G0704

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Turnkey CNC G0704

I stumbled upon one on ebay and they had a link to their site.... forgive me if this has already been covered in another post. Does this seem like a good deal. I was planning on buying a G0704 and converting myself, but saving time on a turnkey setup is very value-added feature to me. Anybody purchased one of these? Any feedback/ thoughts? $4900 before freight on their site.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seems like a whole lot of money for that when you can buy the mill for 1100.00 and a kit to convert it for 1000.00

Add the electronics and a computer and you barely hit 3K.

Is the assembly of all that worth a couple grand? I think that's the question. Now, if it were all hand scraped properly, you'd be looking at a steal.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For 5000$ I'd be really tempted to just go all the way and get a tormach.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree - a 770 is 6800.00 and a bargain at that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the tormach 770 would be nice..... but a few grand out of my budget. i think i'm just gonna gonna buy a g0704 and do it it myself. saving almost half the dough is worth it. think i'm gonna start with the phase 1 option and use factory leadscrews, along with mach 3 backlash comp, then upgrade to some better ballscrews in the near future. I've been pouring a lot of time and research into this and my head is spinning now lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you will find that you would be wasting your time to use the factory leadscrews. If you'll have it apart to convert, might as well buy the ballscrews and a bolt-on kit like can be found on eBay or CNCFusion's (which comes with ballscrews, I think).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why not just save your money and buy a REAL vmc? I never really could associate with the hobby mills very well and went full on vmc from the get go. I couldnt have been any happier about my decision even though I initially had concerns about space, power requirements, air requirements, and any other "gripe" I may have had at the time.

180ipm .5" DOC in aluminum is just something you cant appreciate until you do it yourself in person... never mind facemill singing across a plate at 400ipm with a .125" doc leaving an extremely smooth finish...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 6061-t6 View Post
    Why not just save your money and buy a REAL vmc? I never really could associate with the hobby mills very well and went full on vmc from the get go. I couldnt have been any happier about my decision even though I initially had concerns about space, power requirements, air requirements, and any other "gripe" I may have had at the time.

180ipm .5" DOC in aluminum is just something you cant appreciate until you do it yourself in person... never mind facemill singing across a plate at 400ipm with a .125" doc leaving an extremely smooth finish...
    Oh I hear ya. I've considered it. I'm a machinist/progammer in a small job shop for a lot of years and it'd be hard to watch a hobby mill whittle away at something for hours when i'm used to the big boys, and i am looking to use a machine for income, but this is just a starting point. I was looking at some used Fadal's on ebay, and every once in a while one of the small (toolroom 2016?) vmc's pop up around $8k-$10k, but Fadal parts are getting crazy expensive. Any other real vmc's are out of my price range at this point. I really don't wanna spend more than $5k right now. And I have enough small work to warrant buying a smaller hobby mill, but I know I will eventually want something bigger. I have the shop space and power requirements needed, and the shop on the back of my property is zoned commercial, I do a lot of fab work in there already and even a little x3 type would be a huge help. Once again, head is spinning....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Winnfield View Post
    I think you will find that you would be wasting your time to use the factory leadscrews. If you'll have it apart to convert, might as well buy the ballscrews and a bolt-on kit like can be found on eBay or CNCFusion's (which comes with ballscrews, I think).
    Watching hoss's video on the factory leadscrews with mach 3's backlash comp has me pretty convinced that i can use that for now, evaluate the performane and upgrade from there if i need to. nothing i'm cutting now has any crazy tolerances, bolt circles and some minor contouring... but i do have some stuff in the future that i will need to have a tight machine to do. still contemplating....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by martyt76 View Post
    Oh I hear ya. I've considered it. I'm a machinist/progammer in a small job shop for a lot of years and it'd be hard to watch a hobby mill whittle away at something for hours when i'm used to the big boys, and i am looking to use a machine for income, but this is just a starting point. I was looking at some used Fadal's on ebay, and every once in a while one of the small (toolroom 2016?) vmc's pop up around $8k-$10k, but Fadal parts are getting crazy expensive. Any other real vmc's are out of my price range at this point. I really don't wanna spend more than $5k right now. And I have enough small work to warrant buying a smaller hobby mill, but I know I will eventually want something bigger. I have the shop space and power requirements needed, and the shop on the back of my property is zoned commercial, I do a lot of fab work in there already and even a little x3 type would be a huge help. Once again, head is spinning....

Cough cough... I have a cincinnati vmc for sale $7000, no issues runs great and under power, 8k spindle, 12hp, 30x, 16y, 20z

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cough cough... I have a cincinnati vmc for sale $7000, no issues runs great and under power, 8k spindle, 12hp, 30x, 16y, 20z
    hmmmm..... ATC? Model #?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by martyt76 View Post
    hmmmm..... ATC? Model #?
    sabre 750, atc works like a champ, fixture plate, chip conveyor, linear guide bearings on all axis, recently laser aligned ballscrews, rigid tapping, drip feed (continuously feed a program via dnc with rs-232), includes licensed dnc software, post processor for gibbscam, and a bunch of pullstuds cat40 also

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sabre 750, atc works like a champ, fixture plate, chip conveyor, linear guide bearings on all axis, recently laser aligned ballscrews, rigid tapping, drip feed (continuously feed a program via dnc with rs-232), includes licensed dnc software, post processor for gibbscam, and a bunch of pullstuds cat40 also
    Let me think on that and do some research. where are u at? Not familiar with drip feed but i will look into that also. I used to be a gibbs guy but had nothing but problems with our posts for the allen-bradley's we used to program, left a bad taste in my mouth as their support team could never fix our problems, and when i say never i mean they never fixed it. Mastercam at work now and just got Bobcad for home. Not planning on doing any major production so spending some time doing some editing doesn't worry me too much.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

the thought of having a 12 horse cat40 machine in my shop makes me quiver with delight lol but it may be a reach for me financially. now my head is REALLY spinning

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

out in arizona. Had a quote for a gentleman to Georgia for freight 3 day shipping was $2300, found freight as low as $1600 for 5-7 day transit on class 70 freight at 9500lbs.

drip feed is where you can take a larger file and the cnc controller and computer communicate back and forth sending smaller chunks at a time which allows you to go from a 50KB maximum file size to unlimited for the active memory. Some 3d contouring stuff I have done has been upwards of 17MB in size and the larger fixture plates i run are in the range of 7MB each.

Ill even throw in the computer I use strictly for the dnc, I remote desktop in from another computer to transfer files via wireless network and initiate sending files to the vmc.

Let me know pretty quick. Im moving shops starting on monday and would rather not pay the money hungry riggers to move the machine to the new shop only to sell it shortly after. Ive been tempted to post it on ebay but I hate ebay more than the riggers in my area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

some eyecandy for ya! all parts done on this machine within the last 2-3 weeks.

Turnkey CNC G0704-3g73m33jf5o65fa5h7ccn956b3cefc18a12b9-jpg

Turnkey CNC G0704-3ee3ge3je5n45i35j1ccna482532d2a3c1988-jpg

Turnkey CNC G0704-3g93f63l15fe5r45m3ccn7ae2b9bd89ef156d-jpg

Turnkey CNC G0704-3l63je3hc5n75g75maccnf091b0733c191bcd-jpg

Turnkey CNC G0704-dsc02371-jpg

Turnkey CNC G0704-dsc02531-large-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

out in arizona. Had a quote for a gentleman to Georgia for freight 3 day shipping was $2300, found freight as low as $1600 for 5-7 day transit on class 70 freight at 9500lbs.

drip feed is where you can take a larger file and the cnc controller and computer communicate back and forth sending smaller chunks at a time which allows you to go from a 50KB maximum file size to unlimited for the active memory. Some 3d contouring stuff I have done has been upwards of 17MB in size and the larger fixture plates i run are in the range of 7MB each.

Ill even throw in the computer I use strictly for the dnc, I remote desktop in from another computer to transfer files via wireless network and initiate sending files to the vmc.

Let me know pretty quick. Im moving shops starting on monday and would rather not pay the money hungry riggers to move the machine to the new shop only to sell it shortly after. Ive been tempted to post it on ebay but I hate ebay more than the riggers in my area.
    I get ya now on the drip feed. I don't think I can swing it money-wise because the freight's gonna add too much on top. I'm in IL. Sounds like a great deal tho. Ebay sucks, you'll need some vaseline to soothe those ebay/paypal combo fees for sure. I guess ur either gonna pay the riggers or ebay tho. Hopefully you can find a buyer but I don't think I can do it, as much as I'd love to. If I can work some magic and end up being able to make a serious offer I will.... but I doubt that'll happen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah sorry I was wrong, its 15" Y axis and 15hp spindle