High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by isvflorin View Post
    Hi there,
    I have no ideea about the dialect, might be even Japanese, it's all Chinese to me (pun intended). Here is the datasheet. There are 3 bearings all laser etched in arrow shape, 2 of them are paired and the 3rd seems to be the 4th bearing from another pair (like they initially were 4 bearings all laser etched in matching pairs from start to end bearing - from this configuration of 4 bearings I have numbers 1,2 and 4, judging by the etching on the side)
    NSK being a japanese company should give you some clue to the language of the document.

Here is a google translation of the columns:
    Difference method 受外 泽寸 pongee
    Difference in bearing 泽寸 Law
    Outer ring radial runout
    Outer ring axial runout
    Inner ring radial runout.
    綸 axial runout in
    Inner horizontal deflection

① front gap width
    ② width of the rear differential
    2nd page:
    Handling Precautions

1. The large bearings grease seal, please use as they are.

Large sealed bearings are not lubricated Gu Su Su 1, which is also fine to use it in situ, grease rust before Me-hee coarse vertical (or oil) and iron powder not 混大 to eliminate waste O 觔 Meshimasu to be washed with white 淸浄 kerosene.

2) to bring harmful results caused the wound shock and stroke in the orbital plane of the bearing during assembly, please be careful, especially dealing.

3) sign indicates radial runout of poetry place 般大 way or chamfer the inside and outside the ring E (or O) 埸合 殳 mount on the shaft axis in the visible, this E (or 0), wet place Me the. resultant plants together and place your going to be the opposite position 镢 up correctly and eccentricity of the axis: ^ Please. The outer 叫絵 places including the eccentric position of the box 较大 铀受! Sign of the outer ring and E (or 0) As mentioned I made the mounting position of the opposition will correctly position the whistle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks,
    I'll keep working on the Frankenspindle and let you know how it turns out.

Florin

Downloads
    Uploads

Herbertkabi

Very nice work, I must admit I can only wish to accomplish some what you have done.

I have questions for you,
    I would like to build ATC that attaches to electric motor (with brushes) with build in variable speed working up to 20.000 rpm. This is for router application.
    I have seen cartrige that usovo sells but it is wrong size. I have no clue how they have them constructed to release drawbar when 6-8 bar of pressure is applied. Do you have any drawings or designs.

BTW Wy gavaritie po ruski?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Big-tex View Post
    Herbertkabi

Very nice work, I must admit I can only wish to accomplish some what you have done.

I have questions for you,
    I would like to build ATC that attaches to electric motor (with brushes) with build in variable speed working up to 20.000 rpm. This is for router application.
    I have seen cartrige that usovo sells but it is wrong size. I have no clue how they have them constructed to release drawbar when 6-8 bar of pressure is applied. Do you have any drawings or designs.

BTW Wy gavaritie po ruski?
    "Po ruski" is not mu mother tongue but I do it well, can read and speak easy, writing comes with lot of typos.
    My own ATC ... its so-so, Im not very pleased with result, mostly because Im weak with to use and install different programs ...
    but there all are on the one(!) hollow shaft ( 1-Model.jpg ).
    This actual spindle changes 1/8" bits only.

I have bought two Usovo ATC, one just for Sherline, another was full ATC water cooled spindle WZW105 I bought without motor inside, motor I built and installed myself. Also Tool Magazin SK15 with dust cover, more sk15 toolholders and control box ... Usovo ... this guy does not want to speak with you very much, was very hard to get adequate answer to asked questions ... just wiggled out of, most of newer replied.
    There are two bearings on the bottom, back/back, no more supports!, are angular contact bearings but not super precision, described max speed by Usovo exceeds factory described max speed of bearings somewhere 5krpm ...
    There are piston and common spiral spring (missed in the photo) inside ... interesting solution, yes, but rigidity ... Im very-very sceptic!
    Usovo SK15 toolholder fits exact in to ER16 - angle 8 degrees. So, if you buy Usovo SK15 toolholders, you can build your own ATC spindle using some hollow ER16 collet holder, just little bid thinkings, turnings, borings ...
    Also Usovo drawbar can be made longer and easily used ... I have tried and this is OK.
    Added photo about ATC for Sherline,
    About Usovo full ATC Spindle ... Im not sure is it good idea to show detailed photos how it is made
    cheers,
    herbert

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical-1-model-jpg   High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical-img_1201-jpg  
    Last edited by Herbertkabi; 11-13-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Herbert

I am kind of interested in design that they have and translate it to different size
    tool holder that can hold collets with 1/2" shank tools for example ER20 BT30 or ER20 BT40. I like to use industry standard tool holders.

Usovo does not offer that. I do understand design is simple and it works!
    Mechanical portion of it. Programming and controlling I will do in mach using control board I have. I am not looking to mass produce it.

I also speak russian I can not read and write any more it has been way to many years. I have learned the language during communist years in late 70's visiting Tibilisi running around and playing with kids.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Big-tex; 11-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is an alternative for a motor to drive the spindle.

Green Tube Video - Green BD -

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, I guess there's no way to block people from posting spam.. (@ press guy from India)

Cool video of the alter-motor there..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Herbertkabi View Post
    I have bought two Usovo ATC, one just for Sherline, another was full ATC water cooled spindle WZW105 I bought without motor inside, motor I built and installed myself. Also Tool Magazin SK15 with dust cover, more sk15 toolholders and control box ... Usovo ... this guy does not want to speak with you very much, was very hard to get adequate answer to asked questions ... just wiggled out of, most of newer replied.
    There are two bearings on the bottom, back/back, no more supports!, are angular contact bearings but not super precision, described max speed by Usovo exceeds factory described max speed of bearings somewhere 5krpm ...
    There are piston and common spiral spring (missed in the photo) inside ... interesting solution, yes, but rigidity ... Im very-very sceptic!
    Well... I also bought ATC head for Kress from Usovo (first version). And must to admit that most of mentioned above is true.

First and foremost I'm totally unhappy with communication with that guy. Everything goes OK until You pay a bill. Since that moment Your fortune is is in Your hands...

ATC head on it's own looks to be an idea worth to work out, but for now - it still looks for me to be a very raw project.
    BTW - everytning mentioned re bearings it true. And even worse - thease bearings build up heat heavily ;-)

Much worse it goes with air control unit STG01m which is badly overpriced and... "interestingly" designed. I'd say it's a crap. I had to replace all pneumatic components to get it working more or less reliable.

Summary in short words - I spent a hell of time and efforts trying to get it working in reliable manier, but - ok, now it's collecting dust on the shelve.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey friend,

I am fan of your spindle, loved it. i am also planing to make one for micro drilling work, I have lots of questions to ask you. first very quick for my decision is I found some motors Rated for 400KV ... 500KV. So storming question in my mind is, how slow you are able to run this spindle with adequate Torque ?? i am looking for something that can take load of Ø4MM Drilling in Stainless Steel. around 1000RPM !!

Regards,
    AT

Quote Originally Posted by Herbertkabi View Post
    hi Mark,
    Yes, I know DKF (GDR), have bought few sets from `Tusnelda44` for another projects,
    Outer ring of your bearing has full shoulders, inner
    ring has one shoulder cut away ... see the photp ... do you know the angle?
    I have never used this type of angular bearings for high speed milling Spindle.
    Perhaps good, but I prefer AC bearings where inner ring has full shoulders.

I use small fly cutter as well - selfmade - Radius 10mm, 7mm shank, 7075,
    ca 20k rpm, even up to 30k, makes perfect surface.
    Actually VCGT 130304FN-ALU inserts and have more similar fly-cutter for different inserts.

cheers,
    herbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marq_torque View Post
    Hey friend,

I am fan of your spindle, loved it. i am also planing to make one for micro drilling work, I have lots of questions to ask you. first very quick for my decision is I found some motors Rated for 400KV ... 500KV. So storming question in my mind is, how slow you are able to run this spindle with adequate Torque ?? i am looking for something that can take load of Ø4MM Drilling in Stainless Steel. around 1000RPM !!

Regards,
    AT
    Hello,
    We are manufacturer of custom made Spindles from India.Our website is Spindle - Machine Spindle, High Speed Spindle and Grinding Spindle
    Most of the time, you can reduce the RPM by 30%, for example if the High Frequency Spindle motor is designed to Run at 10000 RPM, you can utilize its optimum power up to 7000 RPM and then the Power will start reduce proportionately to RPM. But the most important is what exactly the design of the High Frequency motor is? Which can be designed at constant power from RPM X to Y

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your input Yogesh,

But I already have used those Capital spindles, i m not satisfied with the Products after paying higher price than Better Spindles in market. Already lost Few customer relationships because of spindles from this company. also ruined my company reputation. now we are not in that Trial and error Business.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by sehdevyogesh View Post
    Hello,
    We are manufacturer of custom made Spindles from India.Our website is Spindle - Machine Spindle, High Speed Spindle and Grinding Spindle
    Most of the time, you can reduce the RPM by 30%, for example if the High Frequency Spindle motor is designed to Run at 10000 RPM, you can utilize its optimum power up to 7000 RPM and then the Power will start reduce proportionately to RPM. But the most important is what exactly the design of the High Frequency motor is? Which can be designed at constant power from RPM X to Y

Last edited by marq_torque; 06-04-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Grammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Did any one consider about using tapered roller bearings? They seem good for the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Hi Herbert,

I'm having a hard time finding this coupling. Is there an online source that sells such item?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical-coupler-jpg  

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789