High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey friend,

I am fan of your spindle, loved it. i am also planing to make one for micro drilling work, I have lots of questions to ask you. first very quick for my decision is I found some motors Rated for 400KV ... 500KV. So storming question in my mind is, how slow you are able to run this spindle with adequate Torque ?? i am looking for something that can take load of Ø4MM Drilling in Stainless Steel. around 1000RPM !!

Regards,
    AT

Quote Originally Posted by Herbertkabi View Post
    hi Mark,
    Yes, I know DKF (GDR), have bought few sets from `Tusnelda44` for another projects,
    Outer ring of your bearing has full shoulders, inner
    ring has one shoulder cut away ... see the photp ... do you know the angle?
    I have never used this type of angular bearings for high speed milling Spindle.
    Perhaps good, but I prefer AC bearings where inner ring has full shoulders.

I use small fly cutter as well - selfmade - Radius 10mm, 7mm shank, 7075,
    ca 20k rpm, even up to 30k, makes perfect surface.
    Actually VCGT 130304FN-ALU inserts and have more similar fly-cutter for different inserts.

cheers,
    herbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marq_torque View Post
    Hey friend,

I am fan of your spindle, loved it. i am also planing to make one for micro drilling work, I have lots of questions to ask you. first very quick for my decision is I found some motors Rated for 400KV ... 500KV. So storming question in my mind is, how slow you are able to run this spindle with adequate Torque ?? i am looking for something that can take load of Ø4MM Drilling in Stainless Steel. around 1000RPM !!

Regards,
    AT
    Hello,
    We are manufacturer of custom made Spindles from India.Our website is Spindle - Machine Spindle, High Speed Spindle and Grinding Spindle
    Most of the time, you can reduce the RPM by 30%, for example if the High Frequency Spindle motor is designed to Run at 10000 RPM, you can utilize its optimum power up to 7000 RPM and then the Power will start reduce proportionately to RPM. But the most important is what exactly the design of the High Frequency motor is? Which can be designed at constant power from RPM X to Y

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your input Yogesh,

But I already have used those Capital spindles, i m not satisfied with the Products after paying higher price than Better Spindles in market. Already lost Few customer relationships because of spindles from this company. also ruined my company reputation. now we are not in that Trial and error Business.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by sehdevyogesh View Post
    Hello,
    We are manufacturer of custom made Spindles from India.Our website is Spindle - Machine Spindle, High Speed Spindle and Grinding Spindle
    Most of the time, you can reduce the RPM by 30%, for example if the High Frequency Spindle motor is designed to Run at 10000 RPM, you can utilize its optimum power up to 7000 RPM and then the Power will start reduce proportionately to RPM. But the most important is what exactly the design of the High Frequency motor is? Which can be designed at constant power from RPM X to Y

Last edited by marq_torque; 06-04-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Grammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Did any one consider about using tapered roller bearings? They seem good for the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical

Hi Herbert,

I'm having a hard time finding this coupling. Is there an online source that sells such item?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 Mill - getting technical-coupler-jpg  

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415